How does our O-Line look?

Hayseed

Arod will be starting at right tackle.

So what's the deal with this? Earlier in camp we heard he was battling Qvale for a starting job, which would be LT, but now it's looking like he's still on the right side. Is Sirles moving back over to the left side?

Sirles is at LT, yes. I think the two deep right now is looking like:

LT: Sirles, Finnin

RT: A-rod, Qvale

So what's the deal with this? Earlier in camp we heard he was battling Qvale for a starting job, which would be LT, but now it's looking like he's still on the right side. Is Sirles moving back over to the left side?

I'm not sure Finnin is up there. Haven't heard anything about him in camp. It sounds to me like Sterup is more in the mix than Finnin.

I'm not sure Finnin is up there. Haven't heard anything about him in camp. It sounds to me like Sterup is more in the mix than Finnin.

If that's what they're really doing, my guess would be:

LT: Sirles, Qvale

RT: ARod, Sirles

If that's what they're really doing, my guess would be:

LT: Sirles, Qvale

RT: ARod, Sirles

I'd have to go find it again but there was a quote from the coaches last week that Sterup had come on so well that they might not have to flop Sirles from side-to-side like they've done in the past. Sterup might have earned some playing time and everyone would stay at their normal spot.

what's going on with the juco guys finnin and kondolo? I haven't really heard anything about either of them, what position is Kondolo playing?

Kondolo is playing guard. He's a big guy. With Finnin and Kondolo, it's just getting familiar with the schemes on offense and their roles.

what's going on with the juco guys finnin and kondolo? I haven't really heard anything about either of them, what position is Kondolo playing?

Kondolo is playing guard. He's a big guy. With Finnin and Kondolo, it's just getting familiar with the schemes on offense and their roles.

do you think either of them will be a starter by the end of the season?

I'd go ahead and say no. I think our line is solid. The only unsure piece could be ARod, but I would bet on one of our veterans to take over at his spot if he slips up.

Possibility Kondolo will shirt so they can potentially get two years of starting out of him. He isn't starting this season. Obviously not taking Long's job and now that Cotton is healthy can't see that job being taken either. Cotton is a monster, just needed to get that blown knee back in shape. Finnin is third string at the moment. As was said earlier Sterup is improving(good pass-blocker, will improve on the run as he gains size) and the light seems to be coming-on with A-Rod. All the stuff with his dad plus just getting here this summer is tough to overcome. Think he'll end-up a regular in the rotation as the season progresses. Supposedly he should get a waiver and we get three years of him.

Here's a stab at a depth chart:

TE: 1. Jake Long; 2. Cethan Carter/Sam Cotton (depending on Jake’s recovery)

LT: 1. Sirles; 2. Qvale; 3. Sterup/Givens Price

LG: 1. Jake Cotton; 2. Moudy/Pensick

C: 1. Pensick; 2. Pelini

RG: 1. Spencer Long; 2. Nickens/Ryne Reeves

RT: 1. Rodriguez/or Qvale; 3. Finnin

RS: Kondolo, and the froshes: Knevel, Dwayne Johnson, Zach Hannon, etc.

To answer the thread title, our line would look a lot better if we still had Mary Tyler Moore in the mix. Sure, we'll get by. We still have a good line. But it would have been better if Moore hadn't flaked out on us.