Wyoming @ Nebraska - GTS (from WyoNation)

knapplc

Guess my sarcasm didn't go through....should have added :sarcasm

I need that as my avatar

What did you guys think of Joe Glenn? I go to USD, still not sure what to make of the guy.

If Glenn would have gone out and got a good Offensive coordinator, he might still be at Wyoming. He was very popular for awhile just because of his attitude.

So from beg post -

"Brett Smith with 350 yards passing. Herron with 150 yards receiving. Nebraska with 300 yards rushing."

is probably more true than many of you will believe, but problem with being the first game is having the team execute the passing game good enough all game long to hang with Huskers. Wyoming's issue in this game is entirely on their defense. Outside of turnovers, not sure how they can stop Neb.

So from beg post -

"Brett Smith with 350 yards passing. Herron with 150 yards receiving. Nebraska with 300 yards rushing."

is probably more true than many of you will believe, but problem with being the first game is having the team execute the passing game good enough all game long to hang with Huskers. Wyoming's issue in this game is entirely on their defense. Outside of turnovers, not sure how they can stop Neb.

Sorry but I just dont see them having that much success. , Bo's defense has always been good at stopping the pass, especially when the other team does not have a real solid run game. The secondary will be the strength of the defense early on. Wyoming probably should focus on trying to figure out how to run the ball on this young defense, it is their best shot at consistently moving the ball. Smith may have some moderate success throwing the ball but he's not going to throw for 300+. If I was a betting man I see it more along the lines of 14-26 185yds, 1 td 2 ints.

So from beg post -

We've given up 300 yards passing two times in the last 4 years (55 games) - to Oklahoma in a championship game in 2010 and to Georgia in the bowl game last year (most of it on 4 throws).

300 yards passing for Smith is quite unrealistic - 350 is absurd.

So from beg post -

Wha...? Where do you come up with that as "probably more true?"

Smith threw for 300 or more yards four times last year. All four came against defenses ranked 74th or worse against the pass.

Even if this were late in the season for Smith to be in midseason form, it's highly unlikely he'd get to those numbers.