Wyoming @ Nebraska - GTS (from WyoNation)

knapplc

Every once in awhile we run into a delusional fan base online, but goodness, these guys might take the cake in terms of expectations vs reality. Hell, it seems like the most "reasonable" fans over there expect Wyoming to beat the spread by 20 points.

Nah, the reasonable fans there are predicting a pretty decent Nebraska win. They're just drowned out by the guys looking for reasons to hope. And you can't blame them for that.

In fact, it'd be nice to see more of that staunch support for Nebraska here. Too often the need to be "reasonable" or whatever overwhelms simple fandom. It's pretty weird - as if it's somehow wrong to openly root for the team you root for.

• Fire 2

Nah, the reasonable fans there are predicting a pretty decent Nebraska win. They're just drowned out by the guys looking for reasons to hope. And you can't blame them for that.

That's kind of what I meant. We're what? 30 point favorites? Wyoming beating the spread by 20 points still gives Nebraska a 10 point win. In any case, I think Nebraskans are good about supporting their team, we just don't get ridiculous pie in the sky fantasies about glorious success that our team is not realistically capable of.

Every once in awhile we run into a delusional fan base online, but goodness, these guys might take the cake in terms of expectations vs reality. Hell, it seems like the most "reasonable" fans over there expect Wyoming to beat the spread by 20 points.

In fact, it'd be nice to see more of that staunch support for Nebraska here. Too often the need to be "reasonable" or whatever overwhelms simple fandom. It's pretty weird - as if it's somehow wrong to openly root for the team you root for.

+1

They are just trying to get people excited about the game. Even Custer had to get his troops pumped up before the attack at Little Big Horn.

sad-fro-no.gif

Oh c'mon. That was funny.

The genocide of my people is turned into a cartoon musical? With a singing raccoon? I mean, think about it, Dog. The real story of Pocahontas is about a bunch of white boys who come to my land, bribe the corrupt Indian chief, kill off all the warriors and f*ck the Indian princess silly. Would the white man make a story about Auschwitz, where the inmate falls in love with the guard and they go off singing love songs with dancing swastikas?

I gotta plus one the Generation Kill quote. Loved me some Esparsa. But the nod to most quotable goes to Ray.

They are just trying to get people excited about the game. Even Custer had to get his troops pumped up before the attack at Little Big Horn.

sad-fro-no.gif

The genocide of my people is turned into a cartoon musical? With a singing raccoon? I mean, think about it, Dog. The real story of Pocahontas is about a bunch of white boys who come to my land, bribe the corrupt Indian chief, kill off all the warriors and f*ck the Indian princess silly. Would the white man make a story about Auschwitz, where the inmate falls in love with the guard and they go off singing love songs with dancing swastikas?

So maybe you didn't understand where I was coming from?

That's kind of what I meant. We're what? 30 point favorites? Wyoming beating the spread by 20 points still gives Nebraska a 10 point win. In any case, I think Nebraskans are good about supporting their team, we just don't get ridiculous pie in the sky fantasies about glorious success that our team is not realistically capable of.

This is simply how Wyoming fans role. Don't take any offense to it.

We have been the best team running between January to the end of August for the past few decades.

Don't try and sway our emotions with stats, facts, and prior results. We are undefeated right now, this is the pinnacle of our season.

• Fire 3

This is simply how Wyoming fans role. Don't take any offense to it.

We have been the best team running between January to the end of August for the past few decades.

Don't try and sway our emotions with stats, facts, and prior results. We are undefeated right now, this is the pinnacle of our season.

You are also winless. :P

sad-fro-no.gif

I gotta plus one the Generation Kill quote. Loved me some Esparsa. But the nod to most quotable goes to Ray.

And here I though he was being original for once.

icon_post_target_unread.gifby JimmyDimes » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:12 am

The strength of our defense matches up very well with the strength of their offense. They don't have much of a running game at all, meaning we can pressure with four and cover them well enough with the secondary to rack up a few sacks.

Bawahahahaha. This made my night. I cannot stop laughing.

sad-fro-no.gif

I don't think he ment anything bad by it. I think what he was saying was Custer, who was obviously outmatched by all accounts, still arrogantly thought he would win this battle and had to speak to his troops as though they would.

I've got Native American blood in me as well, however I don't think he ment this as derogatory towards the Native Americans.

sad-fro-no.gif

I don't think he ment anything bad by it. I think what he was saying was Custer, who was obviously outmatched by all accounts, still arrogantly thought he would win this battle and had to speak to his troops as though they would.

I've got Native American blood in me as well, however I don't think he ment this as derogatory towards the Native Americans.

Is this sh#t serious? Or am I laughing for a reason right now?