Wyoming @ Nebraska - GTS (from WyoNation)

knapplc

The funny thing is, they keep bringing up Wisconsin to justify why they think they're going to beat the spread or even win.

I don't think some of them realize that they aren't Wisconsin. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Possibly Knapplc; however I suspect they are thinking that "this" Nebraska Team is not one of those from the golden years!

We weren't a "golden years" team in 2011 and didn't have much trouble. :dunno

In 2011 there were Wyoming posters reminding us how close they kept the game in 95 with us. They used that as evidence on how they would keep it close in 2011...

I don't predict NU blowouts anymore after the SDSU game.

Well god bless em for showing some faith, no matter how misguided, in their team. Can't hold that against them. Where they start to lose me is when they actually attempt to justify thinking it will be anything less than a significant defeat. Let's just hope most of them remain reasonable and don't take to jumping off bridges etc. after reality settles in Saturday night. Hopefully keeping it within one or two touchdowns of the spread (28-42 pts) will be good enough for them because there is absolutely no way this game is ever in question after the opening kickoff.

Yeah, I applaud them for staunchly standing by their team after a tough year. Several Husker fans could take notes from that - and we've been winning.

Where I roll my eyes a bit is where they keep bringing up the Wisconsin loss. They're not Wisconsin. At all.

And even Wisky would have a hard time beating us again like that. They'd have a hard time even beating us, especially in Lincoln.

As for Wyoming, good luck to them. Maybe it'll be first game jitters and we'll give them a bunch of turnovers or make tons of mistakes, but that's not likely. Even keeping it within 21 points is going to be difficult for them. I expect their passing game is going to start off well and then run into significant trouble as we adjust. They don't really have anything else on offense or defense based on their stats from last season.

If I was going to make a prediction I would guess it to be something like 2011 (38-14)....Not sure how it could be much worse...

1. At night in Lincoln (Even if 2011's stadium looked like a home game it wasn't in Lincoln)

Offense:

1. Taylor is 10x's better than in 2011

2. Rex went off in 2011, but Ameer and crew is just as capable

3. Those olinemen we pounded Wyoming with in 2011 are now Seniors, not Sophmores.

4. TE is a question mark compared to 2011.

5. WR's are regarded by many (including ESPN the other day) as one of the top groups in the nation. Wasn't the case in 2011 led by Kinnie and crew.

Defense:

1. Front line is far less experience, but much more athletic. I have read/heard that WYO likes to throw the ball...pass rushing is simplier than run stopping. IMO. Question mark here.

2. Same story with the LB's with experience/athletic. Not sure how much we will see of the LB's with Wyo's pass offense.

3. Return every CB from last year where we were the #1 Pass defense in the nation till the bowl. Still ended top 5.

4. Safeties fit the mold of DLine and LB's....this is where I think WYO might have some success. I would like to see how they (Cooper, HJax, CJax) react to the deep ball.

I do think the QB Smith might keep them in the game early, however adjustments and talent, IMO, will start to show. Especially in the 2nd half.

O ya, and no injuries for either team! And Wyoming fans/posters, we welcome you to the board and hope you join us game day!

• Fire 2

I applaud them as I don't think anyone should go into a game expecting to lose.....however it is pretty obvious that some of them didn't watch a Nebraska game (or just watched Wisky) judging by some of their reasons....

However, best of luck to the Cowboys. May the best team win!

This is the only Nebraska game I've ever attended...

I applaud them as I don't think anyone should go into a game expecting to lose.....however it is pretty obvious that some of them didn't watch a Nebraska game (or just watched Wisky) judging by some of their reasons....

Man I hope our D is that good this year!

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

They think they can come into Memorial and beat us?

They are in for a rude awakening. At the very least, our defense will be above average (barring injuries) this yea - and probably elite in the secondary. Have fun throwing the ball around on us.

I'd bet we put up at least 55 on them.

King:

I think you might be overstating the case with the quote about the NU D being --- at the very least --- above average. Last year the NU D was well, well below average (if we compare to say ACC,SEC, Pac 12, B1G & B12 teams --- major conference only). NU loses much experience and replaces that experience with young guys (admittedly guys we assume are more athletic). And last year the coaching adjustments on D were horrendous. So... I agree the NU D may be better this year --- but I'd think a better than average D would be the best case scenario... and an average D would be the "very least."

Either way... Wyoming is toast.

They are just trying to get people excited about the game. Even Custer had to get his troops pumped up before the attack at Little Big Horn.

great post! I like the Custer thing!

Speaking of Custer,

When one of his scouts returned From the Little Big Horn, His Scout said "Sir I got good news and Bad news"

Custer Said " Whats the bad news"

Scout" over that hill is more Indians then I have ever seen in my life"

Custer " Then whats the good news"

Scout " We don't have to go back through Nebraska"

They are just trying to get people excited about the game. Even Custer had to get his troops pumped up before the attack at Little Big Horn.

great post! I like the Custer thing!

Speaking of Custer,

When one of his scouts returned From the Little Big Horn, His Scout said "Sir I got good news and Bad news"

Custer Said " Whats the bad news"

Scout" over that hill is more Indians then I have ever seen in my life"

Custer " Then whats the good news"

Scout " We don't have to go back threw Nebraska"

*Through.....guess he wasn't a very bright Scout....

• Fire 2