What Wyoming Is In Store For

I really miss a dominate defense. I love a flashy offense, but given a choice I would much rather have a great defense.

When was the last time NU blocked a punt?

Baylor '09 that I know of. Returned by Graham Stoddard for a TD.

Nope it was Justin Blatchford, I should know since its my buddies cousin

You know what. I was gonna put Blatchford in parentheses with a question mark, but I became sure it was Stoddard. Nice catch. I stand corrected. And arrogantly, that doesnt happen much.

My son and I were there too,...I thought that was the game where Turminator had to play some too? Regardless...watching that D highlight film made me cringe...anywhere other than a football field and that level of violence would be criminal! Good heavens they were brutally effective. I heard an interview the other day by some dude that played at Tennessee and he was talking about how from the early 80s through the mid 90s a lot of other teams, SEC teams included, were outright afraid to play Nebraska. Oh for those days....

I think they are in store for a very young defense that will be out of position, but will be so much more athletic that we hardly notice it.

I think Nebraska gives up some points via a few stupid mistakes but they make some plays that give us all hope for the future.

My thoughts as well. If this front 7 is as athletic as they've been billed Wyoming is in for a world of hurt.

I think they are in store for a very young defense that will be out of position, but will be so much more athletic that we hardly notice it.

I think Nebraska gives up some points via a few stupid mistakes but they make some plays that give us all hope for the future.

My thoughts as well. If this front 7 is as athletic as they've been billed Wyoming is in for a world of hurt.

I just hope that they learn quick. Pure atheleticism wont work against Michigan/UCLA/Ohio St

Pretty kewl website that offers a comparison of teams.

http://www.winsipedi...aska/vs/wyoming

That is just an awesome site in general! Great find and thanks for the link...

Just glad to contribute, usually after I comment on a thread it completely dies and goes away.

Wow, we're under .500 in bowl games... I'm kind of surprised, but at the same time, kinda not surprised...

• Fire 1

My son and I were there too,...I thought that was the game where Turminator had to play some too? Regardless...watching that D highlight film made me cringe...anywhere other than a football field and that level of violence would be criminal! Good heavens they were brutally effective. I heard an interview the other day by some dude that played at Tennessee and he was talking about how from the early 80s through the mid 90s a lot of other teams, SEC teams included, were outright afraid to play Nebraska. Oh for those days....

I talked with a guy who played D back on the West Virginia team that we played in the kick off classic, 94 I think. He said that of all the teams they played throughout his 4 years NU was " The biggest, fastest, and hardest hitting m'f** that we ever played"

He said they were relieved when the game was over and they never wanted to step on the field with NU again.

AH, the good ole days

Just glad to contribute, usually after I comment on a thread it completely dies and goes away.

Wow, we're under .500 in bowl games... I'm kind of surprised, but at the same time, kinda not surprised...

There was a stretch in there from the mid-80's through the early 90's where we never won a bowl game. I believe the streak was eight. Most of the coaches TO has a losing record against came in bowl games. He never beat Jimmy Johnson while he was at Miami, and I believe all three of those losses came in bowls.

There was a stretch in there from the mid-80's through the early 90's where we never won a bowl game. I believe the streak was eight. Most of the coaches TO has a losing record against came in bowl games. He never beat Jimmy Johnson while he was at Miami, and I believe all three of those losses came in bowls.

And by the same token, I don't think Jimmy 'the slippery eel" Johnson ever beat Osborne while he was at Okie Light...