man to man

So we are discussing the idea of scrapping the strongest asset of our defenses under Bo??? Again this honestly its one off the worst types of offenses for a young and inexperienced defenses to face in their first game. And as for big ass a till I think he us, save Christianson is a hell off an offensive mind

Wut?

damn auto correct. It was to say, for as big of a tool I think he , is

So we are discussing the idea of scrapping the strongest asset of our defenses under Bo??? Again this honestly its one off the worst types of offenses for a young and inexperienced defenses to face in their first game. And as for big ass a till I think he us, save Christianson is a hell off an offensive mind

Wut?

damn auto correct. It was to say, for as big of a tool I think he , is

Blaming auto-correct for the alcohol again I see. :D

I think that your expectations where like mine. I bought into the hype and coach speak.....buuut these guys are really inexperienced. Last year they were very experienced. I think it will get better. Next week hopefully is a better game, but we won the game, and I enjoyed the game. I usually get all to bored in non-conference games, and I was actually on the edge of my seat. I hate it at the time, but now I am relax and enjoy the game.

I saw some really good things out there.

Gregory is going to be gooood.

Macmullen was a huge man.

VV and curry are space eaters.

Bando and Gerry were flying around in the 4th. Santos will be a factor agaisnt B1G offenses.

SJB and Evans? Nuff said.

Cooper and green were all over.

Our offense was unstoppable, comsidering we only ran about 2 misdirections and same of playaction.

Special teams looked great besides a freak missed PAT. Bell was a standout, and a great example of veteran leadership.

Newby? nice!

Cross? Beast!

Abdullah? Yep!

O-line? No sacks, IIRC. Will def get better and better.

No more turnovers, less penalties. Yeah, lets iron that out for sure but really we were going into the endzone to be up 44-21, then didn't finish (SUCKED). Also, Seisay needs to clean up his game.

But I like where we're headed. Feel really good about the next 3-5 weeks of progress

Didn't Damon Benning say the problem with running man under all the time is 7 players basically turn away from the ball once it's snapped?

I don't see how playing more zone could possibly hurt. Given our last 3 defensive performances, and how Bo's pet scheme has been thoroughly exposed, I don't see why it should be a controversial topic.

I'm with you, Eric The Red.

Didn't Damon Benning say the problem with running man under all the time is 7 players basically turn away from the ball once it's snapped?

I don't see how playing more zone could possibly hurt. Given our last 3 defensive performances, and how Bo's pet scheme has been thoroughly exposed, I don't see why it should be a controversial topic.

I'm with you, Eric The Red.

I'm not saying this is the total end all answer either. Mix it in a little here and there. I love man, and when able to execute it, we have seen our defense shut teams completely down. It's like running press in basketball.

But teams are just going to keep doing this to us. I did notice the second half adjustment keeping lb's in instead of them flying to the flank to cover the running back ...don't know how much it helped.

That is the conundrum, this defense does work (at least gets wins) against teams with immobile quarterbacks. But it also has failed spectacularly against good mobile quarterbacks and with teams that actually have the ability to game plan against it.

Defense is easy with LSU talent or with a guy named Suh on your team. However, it requires some thought and planning when that is not the case. We don't seem to be showing any willingness to adjust or get more aggressive with teams who have figured out how to exploit our scheme. Why didn't we blitz? How can we expect to maintain coverage for ten freakin seconds every down?

I think the D linemen we have could've gotten after Smith, especially with some blitz help, but their assignment was obviously to try to keep him in the pocket and wait to see if our DB's could play out of their minds. 600+ yards three times now. It will happen more if something doesn't change.