Give Wyo Some Credit

SkerMin8r

The Wyoming coaching staff had their team ready to win, not play, win. They should have won the game last night. They gave all they had every single play. I was not there, but I hope they received a standing ovation from out fans, they truly deserved it. Great play, great game plan, and a pretty good QB.

With that being said, the Wyoming game is behind me. Off to ride my bike and forget about this. Stay away from the board for the week I think. Afraid it is going to get ugly.

Great game Pokes, and in honesty I feel sorry for your loss. Glad Nebraska won the game, but deep down in our hearts we all know you guys won this game. Hopefully it opens up the eyes of our coaches and we learn from it and not blame the kids for the showing.

Good luck to you.

Speak for yourself.

I do not feel in my heart they won the game.

In fact, besides their first 2-3 drives, we actually dominated them for much of the game. We were ahead at halftime, and w only 7 min to go we're 17 yds from going up 44-21 and blowing the game wide open. They were the ones sucking wind and looking deflated, not us. Then we mailed it in.

I WILL give them a ton of credit. It seems not too many teams come to other people's stadiums w a deer in the headlights look anymore. They fought tough and gave us a great look. I appreciate that. But lets not forget, when it mattered in the middle of the game w the outcome still in doubt we stopped them via turnover and punt about 4 times in a row and shoved the ball down their throat for scores.

Its hard for me to fathom that #18 University of Nebraska is having to give props to WYO for playing good. The simple fact is, we are out coached, every year. We win games barely over people we should win by 30 and lose games of any significance by 30 or more. The athletes are fine, they need coaching. This is going to sound bad, but start now, make arrangements, write a contract up with specific limitations, and expectations,fuel the jet, fly down to Western Kentucky and get Bobby Petrino lined up to be the head coach in december. Michigan will win our division so we wont be playing in the Conf Championship only to get thrashed and embarrased by a mediocre big ten team and lose by 35.

In 2 years (with Petrino) Nebraska will be back competing with the best teams in the country. Not squeaking by on lesser teams, and getting blown out by legitimate football teams. I respect the coaching staff now, but they will NEVER be any better than 8-5 or 10-3. Saturday was not a fluke, we have seen it every year, lose games we shouldnt lose, out coached weekly. The problem saturday is not going away. It is the way it is. No drastic improvements will be made. We will look good against a crap So Miss team and UCLA will put things back in perspective for us. GO BIG RED

Hat's off to Wyoming. Seriously. Impressed not only how focused they came out, but how they sucked it up when it seemed like the Huskers might cruise to that expected big win after all.

I know some folks here carp about -- gasp! -- throwing the ball on third down, as if that Martinez interception was the singular mistake, but the Cowboy defense had made adjustments and shut us down on two big running possessions. The Wyoming offense had two balls out possessions in that fourth quarter and didn't have the luxury of running in that final possession, which dramatically reduced our defensive guesswork. They came into Memorial Stadium in a night game season opener and almost stole one.

But I guarantee you there will be few team's on Wyoming's schedule that surrender 600 yards to the Cowboys. They will be unranked teams.

Problem is, to give Wyoming proper credit is to acknowledge that they were better prepared. And while that can happen in a season-opener with an underdog opponent, Nebraska simply gets outcoached several games every year.

Hat's off to Wyoming. Seriously. Impressed not only how focused they came out, but how they sucked it up when it seemed like the Huskers might cruise to that expected big win after all.

I know some folks here carp about -- gasp! -- throwing the ball on third down, as if that Martinez interception was the singular mistake, but the Cowboy defense had made adjustments and shut us down on two big running possessions. The Wyoming offense had two balls out possessions in that fourth quarter and didn't have the luxury of running in that final possession, which dramatically reduced our defensive guesswork. They came into Memorial Stadium in a night game season opener and almost stole one.

But I guarantee you there will be few team's on Wyoming's schedule that surrender 600 yards to the Cowboys. They will be unranked teams.

Problem is, to give Wyoming proper credit is to acknowledge that they were better prepared. And while that can happen in a season-opener with an underdog opponent, Nebraska simply gets outcoached several games every year.

Let's keep track of this. I doubt Wyoming gets 600 yards again this year ... unless they play NU in a bowl :)

The Wyoming coaching staff had their team ready to win, not play, win. They should have won the game last night. They gave all they had every single play. I was not there, but I hope they received a standing ovation from out fans, they truly deserved it. Great play, great game plan, and a pretty good QB.

With that being said, the Wyoming game is behind me. Off to ride my bike and forget about this. Stay away from the board for the week I think. Afraid it is going to get ugly.

Great game Pokes, and in honesty I feel sorry for your loss. Glad Nebraska won the game, but deep down in our hearts we all know you guys won this game. Hopefully it opens up the eyes of our coaches and we learn from it and not blame the kids for the showing.

Good luck to you.

Seriously. Stop rooting for Nebraska.

• Fire 2

Good luck to you.

Seriously. Stop rooting for Nebraska.

+1. I'd +1 it a hundred times if I could. That comment should go toward several other people, too. Just find a new team.

Its hard for me to fathom that #18 University of Nebraska is having to give props to WYO for playing good. The simple fact is, we are out coached, every year. We win games barely over people we should win by 30 and lose games of any significance by 30 or more. The athletes are fine, they need coaching. This is going to sound bad, but start now, make arrangements, write a contract up with specific limitations, and expectations,fuel the jet, fly down to Western Kentucky and get Bobby Petrino lined up to be the head coach in december. Michigan will win our division so we wont be playing in the Conf Championship only to get thrashed and embarrased by a mediocre big ten team and lose by 35.

In 2 years (with Petrino) Nebraska will be back competing with the best teams in the country. Not squeaking by on lesser teams, and getting blown out by legitimate football teams. I respect the coaching staff now, but they will NEVER be any better than 8-5 or 10-3. Saturday was not a fluke, we have seen it every year, lose games we shouldnt lose, out coached weekly. The problem saturday is not going away. It is the way it is. No drastic improvements will be made. We will look good against a crap So Miss team and UCLA will put things back in perspective for us. GO BIG RED

Oh my land. This guy's a dandy.

Umm, This staff's been better than 8-5 EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Bobby Petrino? Oh the hilarity.