Debate it: MSU's defense or Husker offense?

zoogs

I would take Spartys D...I have watched both of their games and all I can say is RELENTLESS about their D. They fly around and make plays and are opportunistic at everything. They take chances and it has worked out well for them so far. That might change when they actually face a competent offense.

Didnt we beat their elite defense last year to the tune of a handful of unanswered fourth quarter points? Weren't they forced to spy two LBs on Martinez on that fourth down conversion to Kyler Reed?

The answer is yes to the above. So us being about go out-athlete them: our QB versus their defense, and Jamal Turner just flat out beating that guy to the pylon, combined with them being way too conservative on defense led to them losing plain and simple.

In not going to debate Offense and Defense, sounds like last year we were just all around the better team talent and coaching-wise.

I think we have enough depth and talent to wear Sparty, or any Defense for that matter, down towards the end. Just like last year we will be able to salt the game away late. But this time around we should hold a comfortable lead throught the games entirety. Were talking about a Sparty offense that has scored 14 points in two weeks of play. Their D is scoring more points than they are on offense, which I don't see changing much once we enter conference play.

Husker Offense > Sparty Defense

Didnt we beat their elite defense last year to the tune of a handful of unanswered fourth quarter points? Weren't they forced to spy two LBs on Martinez on that fourth down conversion to Kyler Reed?

The answer is yes to the above.

Yes, the answer is yes. But not relevant to the debate imo.

I dont see them being as good on defense with the players that they lost as last year and I see us being better than we were last year on offense. So I still see it swinging in our favor.

They have some serious playmakers on D and are a legit threat. But that offense is just awful. Think NU 09 without Henery.

No. Our '09 offense was better. And I dont even know that it's close. We at least put up yards and points on the nobodies.

This Michigan St offense is completely dreadful. They've had to rely on 2 defensive touchdowns-in each game-just to get by.

Has their offense even scored a td yet?

Their defense is directly responsible for 28 of their 47 points scored thus far. That's sad. And without their defense scoring said td's they lose one game for sure, and, well, for the sake of humor, we'll just say they'd lose the other one too. And this against juggernauts Western Michigan and South Florida.

They have some serious playmakers on D and are a legit threat. But that offense is just awful. Think NU 09 without Henery.

No. Our '09 offense was better. And I dont even know that it's close. We at least put up yards and points on the nobodies.

This Michigan St offense is completely dreadful. They've had to rely on 2 defensive touchdowns-in each game-just to get by.

Has their offense even scored a td yet?

Yes but their defense is outscoring their offense through two games.