Tommy Armstrong

-but I'm still not sure I like him over Stanton for the future.

Honestly I agree with that. The way they talk Stanton up he could truly be a force in the next couple seasons. Hard to imagine Armstrong as a backup but if JS is half as good as they say it will be a battle for the QB spot next year.

I dunno who would win out between Armstrong and Stanton. Both had a ton of accolades during recruiting. Which doesn't really mean much at this point. Armstrong has an edge being in the program a year longer. Still, we probably won't know who gets the nod for about another 11 months. It's not like Bo will make an announcement anytime before he has to. :lol:

from some practice highlights watching Tommy, he can really sling it. I like how he has more Braxton Miller qualities than then TMagic's straight forward running. Makes him harder to defend. I think our future will be just fine if he is calling plays for us. however, excited to see the QB competition next year.

Bo does not throw with a big lead. Weve seen it many times. Some coaches will continue with the game plan with backups in. Bo is not that way. That is the one and only reason why tommy didnt throw any passes.

I agree about 85%. I still think the fact we need to pad turnover stats plays into effect here. Perhaps padding isn't the proper term, keeping at bay maybe? I just think to silence some critics, Bo doesn't want to put us in a position where garbage time turnovers alter our national perception. But yes mostly it's just because we are 99% run when in the 4th and up by a good margin.

Bo does not throw with a big lead. Weve seen it many times. Some coaches will continue with the game plan with backups in. Bo is not that way. That is the one and only reason why tommy didnt throw any passes.

I agree about 85%. I still think the fact we need to pad turnover stats plays into effect here. Perhaps padding isn't the proper term, keeping at bay maybe? I just think to silence some critics, Bo doesn't want to put us in a position where garbage time turnovers alter our national perception.

I find it unlikely that he gives a crap. All that matters is that we don't turn it over too much when the game is still on the line.

Honestly I agree with that. The way they talk Stanton up he could truly be a force in the next couple seasons. Hard to imagine Armstrong as a backup but if JS is half as good as they say it will be a battle for the QB spot next year.

It will be a great qb battle, I just hope whoever they pick, the fans will support which is HIGHLY unlikely.

lolno. There's too many fans who haven't supported the current starter even when he was the best we had to offer by a huge margin.

• Fire 1

It will be a great qb battle, I just hope whoever they pick, the fans will support which is HIGHLY unlikely.

lolno. There's too many fans who haven't supported the current starter even when he was the best we had to offer by a huge margin.

Apparently I'm out of +1s but this is so true it literally isn't funny.

He doesn't? Wasn't most of Kelloggs plays thrown? I could be wrong, but pretty positive I'm not.

A big part of it will be Beck (if he is still OC) comfort level with TA/Stanton. Beck has a lot more plays at his disposal than you think - he just doesn't have faith in Taylor's skill set - and I'm not sure how he feels about Johnny at this point.

That said, Tommy will have game experience + an extra year under his belt + experience and chemistry with the 1s already. Depending on his knee....