Game 3 "Expert" Picks: UCLA vs. Nebraska

ADS

Sure....But, neither defense is the same people. That UCLA defense last year also gave up 439 yards and 30 points to us last year. Most view our offense as being even better this year.

Why do they view our offense as being better? Certainly not because it has shown that so far this year...

They think that because they remember last year, and remember that those players are back. Like it or not, this early in the season, the majority of impressions about both teams will still be founded on knowledge of the previous season.

Why do people think UCLA's defense is better than ours?

Probably because so few defenses are worse. A statistical fact, not an opinion.

I think our current athletes can turn it around, but until they prove it on the field.....

Statistically speaking I believe they ended up behind us last year.

I think we pick on their secondary quite a bit in the game and TMart throws wild on them. Then they adjust and we run wild on them. I think this one goes Nebraska's way and we blow them out and surprise everyone except me.

I'm gonna go with this. Many Husker fans are shell shocked by D busts and turnovers in the past but it is a new year and UCLA is worse than they were last year and they're on the road this time. My guess is that the Huskers put up a solid 4 qtr game and get a decent win.

I think we pick on their secondary quite a bit in the game and TMart throws wild on them. Then they adjust and we run wild on them. I think this one goes Nebraska's way and we blow them out and surprise everyone except me.

I'm gonna go with this. Many Husker fans are shell shocked by D busts and turnovers in the past but it is a new year and UCLA is worse than they were last year and they're on the road this time. My guess is that the Huskers put up a solid 4 qtr game and get a decent win.

I hope so.

Also... and I am a little surprised no one has mentioned this (unless I missed it) --- NU has 6 picks in 2 games. That is pretty darn good. Perhaps Nu gets a key pick and has a big momentum turn and things roll from there. I am hopeful in this one. game seems like a toss-up to me. Perhaps an NU pick will be the difference.

I am not saying we won't but we are playing a much much more talented team than we faced in the prior two games. Every player across that line is better than what they have faced.

Of course you are correct Skers I'm just saying I think our young talented team will grow up quickly and they have been game planning this game for a long time. And Bo seems different this year. Smarter, more cool. Time will tell but I think I am seeing signs. Not sure but I think that is what I am seeing.