The Husker Players Want The Fans To Wear Black!

Flat Water

Black is not one or the two NU colors. Goth will not help NU win the game. I would encourage everyone to wear read. It is what we are known for and a great tradition. Seriously, I doubt the majority of players want us to wear black. All this amounts to is some select fans who think they want to be cool. Not cool to wear black.

I am off to the game wearing all red.

Black is not one or the two NU colors. Goth will not help NU win the game. I would encourage everyone to wear read. It is what we are known for and a great tradition. Seriously, I doubt the majority of players want us to wear black. All this amounts to is some select fans who think they want to be cool. Not cool to wear black.

Hopefully we win because you wore red.

Can't you red? He's wearing read. C'mon people...... :dunno (Just playing, I'm getting a little anxious!)

Can't you red? He's wearing read? C'mon people...... :dunno (Just playing, I'm getting a little anxious!)

I'm sick of the talk to, but if people want to wear black, LET THEM WEAR BLACK. We won't win the game because we wore black nor will we win the game because we wore red. We'll win the game because the defense will step up against UCLA.

I don't post on here a lot, but I'm finding it more amusing to see the people that are getting worked up about the fact that people keep begging us to wear black. To each his or her own. I agree with most people that say it will not effect the outcome of the game one way or other if everyone is wearing a certain color of shirt. If that's all it took, then every fan base around the country would find that "magical" color for their team and always wear it and every home team would win every game. I also find it funny on the reverse of it with the people that are so "die hard" committed to the Red that they can't even fathom wearing a different color. I'm not going to the game and I can't wait to see on TV the Sea of Red, or Sea of Black, or more than likely the Sea of Red/Black. GBR!!

I think blackouts make the home team look stupid, especially when they lose. In this case it's a little better because the team is wearing black.

This is the 2nd dig I've seen from Kenny and I know they're lighthearted but the other one was more annoying. It implied that the non students just weren't willing and I'm wondering if his memory is really that crappy. I doubt many of the fans wearing black to the game in Madison were 18-22 years old.

I see a crowd of Red and want to paint it Black

Ok see, make the opening riff of THAT song as the opening notes of the Tunnel Walk and I'll listen.

--of course, I've been drinking.

i am just glad that i am not the only person here old enough to remember that song. :)

Christ I'm not even that old.

Well if that's so, the university should have gotten behind this more.

Gooooooood morning and welcome to Lincoln, Nebraska and the Sea of Speckled Red!

Humph. It sucks when the announcers don't even mention the Sea of Red, because they can't.

Also I'm a party pooper but I don't like the black uniforms. The classics are so beautiful. Let's just see some of those every week, huh?