Quote from Tom

commando

not intending to troll. just saw the comment and thought how the on field performance could be considered the same. i know bo has fixed the culture of nebraska football program that billy ruined so Bo is much better. but i think the blowouts comparison does fit.

Very level headed response considering almost everyone here completely missed your point and tried to jump your ass about it.

I see no difference in how Toms comment then would apply to the scenarios we face now. Exactly the same in my opinion.

• Fire 2

Quit comparing Bo to Callahan. Jesus f'ing kriest. I'm as frustrated as everyone, but this sh#t is just f'ing stupid.

This is an interesting thought. What if he didn't type the first sentence...."just before he fired Callahan" and just mentioned it about coaching in general. What would you think then?

TO did talk to Pelini about this subject.......TO had experience with his job as head coach being called for at Nebraska.

not intending to troll. just saw the comment and thought how the on field performance could be considered the same. i know bo has fixed the culture of nebraska football program that billy ruined so Bo is much better. but i think the blowouts comparison does fit.

Very level headed response considering almost everyone here completely missed your point and tried to jump your ass about it.

I see no difference in how Toms comment then would apply to the scenarios we face now. Exactly the same in my opinion.

What would HB be without missing points and jumping asses, though?

• Fire 1

Comparing Bo to Callahan is no less ridiculous than comparing him to Osborne. How often do we hear that people also wanted Osborne gone, he almost left to go to Colorado and that we just need to be patient with Bo for another 20 or so years to make sure he's not on the same track as Osborne?

No one is saying Bo is as bad as Callahan. But it's striking how badly the teams of both performed in big games against quality competition and how routinely they were embarrassed. As Osborne's quote indicates, that's a sign of deeper and more systemic problems.

• Fire 1

And that's why you, and anyone on the fireBo train, aren't the AD.

Are the scores bad in losses? Yes.

Are there enough losses to fire Bo? No.

By all means, make him get a new DC. But fire him and Nebraska becomes a joke for another 10 years.

It would fit any opinion who would like to send Pelini packing.

Nope. Sorry bud I won't let you just throw me into that category. Even though if Bo decides to take no action I have no problem with him being shown the door.

But as far as I'm concerned Pelini doesn't have to pack. He can get rid of his OC and DC and relinquish full control to them. Let them each do their jobs without his all powerful f'ing wisdom influencing everything they do. I think things can turn around.

The talent is here, I won't even debate that with anyone anymore. I would last year, this year no. Young and inexperienced yes, but full of talent.

I'm still not even sure about the OC either. I like some of what he does, but a lot I don't. His play calling is horrendous.

All of these coaches still don't get one main thing I've been saying for years. Stop trying to be so f'ing multiple. It's overrated. Just get good at something and do it better than everyone else.

But as far as I'm concerned Pelini doesn't have to pack.

Then perhaps you are not in that category?

Not quite. A new defensive scheme by a new coordinator would help Bo a great deal.

That's certainly a popular opinion. I don't share it, but that's my perhaps unpopular opinion. I like Jay Foreman's comment about our defense. I think our defense has progressed ok this first three games. Hopefully more player personnel decisions will be made.....but my bigger concern right now is for our offense to get the football past midfield.

The OP was simply restating the reason TO gave. It appears that we have a systemic issue with our current staff. Blow out losses (check), a team that appears to quit (check), an OC who continually admits he blew it (check), a puppet DC who has no real purpose (check). I think that there is a valid point to TO's comments. Bo has issues, He can fire his friends and keep his job or ride on out next year.

Again, his performance is not based on one game or even one season, but a body of work that continues to show a regression of performance and a stubborn reliance on an easily beaten defensive scheme.

• Fire 1

Quit comparing Bo to Callahan. Jesus f'ing kriest. I'm as frustrated as everyone, but this sh#t is just f'ing stupid.

This is an interesting thought. What if he didn't type the first sentence...."just before he fired Callahan" and just mentioned it about coaching in general. What would you think then?

Yeah, that is an interesting thought. But I would also know that that was a quote of Tom in reference to Callahan.

I was upset with my initial response to the OP . That was obvious. Then I read a couple responses, calmed down, and provided the explanation that I did...

I understand that Jtrain. But regardless, comparing Bo to Callahan in any way, shape, or form, it just utterly ridiculous. It's borderline trolling.

That was mostly in response to this statement...

OP wasn't saying Bo was as bad as BC overall. Just comparing one aspect of their results. The point was relevant. Watch the whole press conference again. TO stressed that it's not the losses but the way you lose. That's entirely relevant today with Bo because the way we are losing is frequently embarrassing, record-setting, etc.

I'll even go another step further in apologizing for my initial reaction, for it was pretty much out of line, but I still stand by my view....

comparing Bo to Callahan in any way, shape, or form, it just utterly ridiculous. It's borderline trolling.