Quote from Tom

commando

every body needs to calm down. remember when everyone asked for Solich to get fired what happened. yes some things need to change but getting rid of BO isn't the answer. If you look at the game, how many missed tackles were there? guys we in possition but didn't make the plays. If anything I think we need an OC, We have 3 really good backs. no reason not to run the ball at least 40 times a game. Take a look at T-Magic, his burst isn't there, something is bothering him. I would like to see Armstong split some time and run more option myself.

every body needs to calm down. remember when everyone asked for Solich to get fired what happened. yes some things need to change but getting rid of BO isn't the answer. If you look at the game, how many missed tackles were there? guys we in possition but didn't make the plays. If anything I think we need an OC, We have 3 really good backs. no reason not to run the ball at least 40 times a game. Take a look at T-Magic, his burst isn't there, something is bothering him. I would like to see Armstong split some time and run more option myself.

That's what I was thinking. I just don't understand why Bo doesn't sub kids in when the vets aren't on their game. It would be really good for the young players to be put in to a high pressured situation just to see how they would react. Ok, so they blow it and the other team scores, but at least they would get some experience and wouldn't be doing any worse than the players that were out there in the first place.

I think some changes need to be made too but I think that firing Bo would be just stupid. Been there-done that and is simply doesn't work.

That's what I was thinking. I just don't understand why Bo doesn't sub kids in when the vets aren't on their game. It would be really good for the young players to be put in to a high pressured situation just to see how they would react. Ok, so they blow it and the other team scores, but at least they would get some experience and wouldn't be doing any worse than the players that were out there in the first place.

I think some changes need to be made too but I think that firing Bo would be just stupid. Been there-done that and is simply doesn't work.

well, what if Bo sh#ts the bed again next season?....when do you pull the plug?

We're just getting started on this season

just before he fired Callahan

"If you lose a fairly large number of games by a significant margin and you have reasonably good players, which I think we have, then that means there may be some systematic issues, some underlying issues," Osborne said. "I don't think the coaches were incompetent. I think they know what they're doing. But there was something missing, as far as I was concerned."

i wonder if he would say the same about Bo and our team now?

therapy.gif

well according to some posters we are in the middle of the effing season!

I can appreciate the sentiment that firing Bo might lead to a similar situation as when we fired Solich and ended up worse off. But I've come to the conclusion that we can't remain in limbo with a mediocre team. We can debate mediocre but fact of the matter is we haven't performed against teams with a pulse, often have turned in embarrassing efforts with ridiculous results, and really only beat cupcakes and some of those (Wyoming for example) have made us look silly. Not every coaching hire will turn out to be Callahanesque. Pelini actually proved that. He has been good for our program in many ways. We all know what he has helped straighten out. But I firmly believe now that Bo is not the right guy to get us any further. That makes me sad because I had really hoped Bo would be the one. I like him and really think he is trying. But something is preventing him from seeing some obvious things and adjusting them. There is something in his defensive scheme that is not conducive to working against better coached teams and his biggest handicap seems to be goingz with and sticking with inexperienced coordinators. If he would cut lose Beck and Paps and bring in some real coordinators and then relinquish DC duties, I would welcome him to stay. I just think that would be so unlikely I can't see it happening. We can't remain frozen with fear of change where we're currently at.

Well if they don't, all I can say is you'll be here next year crying about it.

well according to some posters we are in the middle of the effing season!

Yaaaa that's a good source of information.

"If you lose a fairly large number of games by a significant margin and you have reasonably good players, which I think we have, then that means there may be some systematic issues, some underlying issues," Osborne said. "I don't think the coaches were incompetent. I think they know what they're doing. But there was something missing, as far as I was concerned."

Are you listening Shawn Eickhorst?

Quit comparing Bo to Callahan. Jesus f'ing kriest. I'm as frustrated as everyone, but this sh#t is just f'ing stupid.

This is an interesting thought. What if he didn't type the first sentence...."just before he fired Callahan" and just mentioned it about coaching in general. What would you think then?

Except you can't do that.

This isn't a Callahan situation.

Exactly.......jumping on the OP for comparing Calley to Bo is stupid.....that is not the point at all. THE POINT is Toms reason for the change.........and the reason that Tom stated in that quote is happening right at this moment and there is no argument that can dispute that......again IT NOT ABOUT THE NAMES OF THE COACHES INVOLVED........it's about this SITUATIONS involved. And if anyone can read that quote (despite the coaches name involved then this quote was taken) and not think TO could be talking about Bo......you are kidding yourselves........we are in the same exact place

Quit comparing Bo to Callahan. Jesus f'ing kriest. I'm as frustrated as everyone, but this sh#t is just f'ing stupid.

+1 Bo is no where close to the Callahan debacle. At least we have had winning seasons every year, and bowl appearances. Granted our performances in some of those games haven't been stellar, but Bo at least Bo has never had a losing season.