Texas, USC, Nebraska - hot seat coaches?

TGHusker

Bo doesn't hate it here. Bo isn't going anywhere. Bo won't be going anywhere unless he is sleeping with a student, or on his own will. Bo will be our coach next year, and many more years to come. Hopefully Bo wises up and gets some good assistants in here, but he won't be going anywhere. I can't believe how many threads there are over this. I want to come to HB and read some good things, not all this exaggerated what ifs.

I'd love to get Mendenhall he would be great. His record at BYU speaks for itself plus he prefers an up-tempo offense that can run first to open the pass. Watching his post game press conference (Texas) he uses the word "physical" a lot and that he loves running the ball says it was strong and physical his defense was aggressive (3-3-5 defense needs aggressive players to run it and to utilize confusing blitzes for QB's) he works the media, smiles/laughs with them. I love his defense. They attack, they don't react. He only gets paid I think $900k a year at BYU he could make double here. It will be interesting to see what kind of year BYU has because i will be keeping a close eye on him. He is a proven head coach and has taken his team to a bowl game every year he has been there and is 6-2 in bowl games.

I'd love to get Mendenhall he would be great. His record at BYU speaks for itself plus he prefers an up-tempo offense that can run first to open the pass. Watching his post game press conference (Texas) he uses the word "physical" a lot and that he loves running the ball says it was strong and physical his defense was aggressive (3-3-5 defense needs aggressive players to run it and to utilize confusing blitzes for QB's) he works the media, smiles/laughs with them. I love his defense. They attack, they don't react. He only gets paid I think $900k a year at BYU he could make double here. It will be interesting to see what kind of year BYU has because i will be keeping a close eye on him. He is a proven head coach and has taken his team to a bowl game every year he has been there and is 6-2 in bowl games.

Mendenhall is a Morman he is already at his dream job.

There is no reason other than having lived in Omaha a long time ago that Richt would come to NU

I like Mark Richt and have followed him since his time at Florida State. I think he's a great offensive coordinator, but only a good head coach. I also wonder how he would do without the massive amount of talent he's accustomed to coaching. Could he develop 2 and 3 star kids into quality players or is his success predicated on working with 4 and 5 star talents? If the latter is the case, could he recruit those kind of kids to Nebraska the same way he could to Florida State and does to Georgia? I'm not sure.

I'm a fan of installing a much more physical offense. As a result, I think you'd see a much more physical defense. Enough with the paddy cake nonsense. We need to be playing tough hard-nosed football. Toward that end, who not look at poaching one of the coordinators from a team like Alabama? I think Nussmeier has a pretty impressive resume:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Nussmeier

Kirby Smart's is even more impressive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_Smart

I remember Richt being a little bit on the hot seat before for being OK but not elite at Georgia. I think it was something about 9 win or 4 loss seasons.

So I kinda feel like that'd be more of the same.

Georgia has been a lot closer to being elite under Richt than we have under Bo. Maybe better recruiting plays a factor, but I see Richt as being an upgrade.

Take Richt out from under the shadow of 'Bama, Florida, (now) aTm, and Georgia owns the SEC. Problem is, there's frankly just too many power teams for Richt to succeed, and those teams seem to be willing to bend/break more rules to win, which puts Richt in an unenviable position.

And as I've said in other threads, (NUinID) Richt coming to Nebraska isn't because he's from Omaha and is a self-professed Nebraska fan--that s**t is to get the boosters on board that Richt is a 'Nebraska Man ' and means absolutely jack and s**t otherwise.

Richt is a quality recruiter, has put a consistently quality product (save for one stumble), and he has built Georgia to where it is now...but let's be honest folks, can Georgia really do much more than what Richt has them doing now? I personally don't see it, not unless the NCAA smites aTm, 'Bama, and Florida.

But in Lincoln, in a B1G that still doesn't have a school that has locked this conference down (though tOSU is on that path...), Richt could make his legacy in Lincoln and do in Lincoln what he can't in Athens--win conference and national championships.

Everyone knows my theory on this. Joe Moglia HC at 750k, Scott Frost OC at 1.25 mil, Ron Zook/Randy Shannon DC at 1.25 mil. ST/RC at around 700k-1 mill. Assistants at around 500k each. That's the "team". Too many worries about the HC, not enough about the "team". Our problems are less about Bo and more about those under him. Learn from that.

I like it! However, Bo IS the root as to why we have theses assistants.

I am thinking Bo doesn't get fired but may walk at the end of the year. So here is my assessment:

I'm on the fence with Peterson. Something about him makes me worried about him being on a big stage every game.

Kirby Smart would be an excellent choice. I fear if he had success here he would bolt if an upper level SEC job opened.

Scott Frost is intriguing. I would like it if he brought in seasoned coordinators. Lane Kiffin as OC perhaps?

Steve Sarkisian if he doesn't go to USC. And he brings Tosh Lupoi with him.

I just don't see Richt headed this way unless he is let go.

Don't know much about Mendenhall but he has had success at BYU and that is not as easy to do as it used to be.

Al Golden? Seems to have Miami turned in the right direction.

Brent Venebels? It would be another 1st time HC but this guy really does now how to coach defense.

When putting together a list of coaches, I think you have to look at what ties Shawn Eichorst has to various coaches. I don't know his history or associations, but it is quite possible that his shortlist would be people that he is familiar with or come highly recommended from people he is familiar with.

I remember Richt being a little bit on the hot seat before for being OK but not elite at Georgia. I think it was something about 9 win or 4 loss seasons.

Georgia has been a lot closer to being elite under Richt than we have under Bo. Maybe better recruiting plays a factor, but I see Richt as being an upgrade.

Take Richt out from under the shadow of 'Bama, Florida, (now) aTm, and Georgia owns the SEC. Problem is, there's frankly just too many power teams for Richt to succeed, and those teams seem to be willing to bend/break more rules to win, which puts Richt in an unenviable position.

And as I've said in other threads, (NUinID) Richt coming to Nebraska isn't because he's from Omaha and is a self-professed Nebraska fan--that s**t is to get the boosters on board that Richt is a 'Nebraska Man ™' and means absolutely jack and s**t otherwise.

Richt is a quality recruiter, has put a consistently quality product (save for one stumble), and he has built Georgia to where it is now...but let's be honest folks, can Georgia really do much more than what Richt has them doing now? I personally don't see it, not unless the NCAA smites aTm, 'Bama, and Florida.

But in Lincoln, in a B1G that still doesn't have a school that has locked this conference down (though tOSU is on that path...), Richt could make his legacy in Lincoln and do in Lincoln what he can't in Athens--win conference and national championships.

You can think whatever you want, but Mark Richt aside from getting fired at Georgia is not going to leave and come to Nebraska. I know you and I think Nebraska is a great job, and it is a great job. But guess what, Georgia is a great job also. Its a great job with 25 4* recruits within 100 miles of his campus. Your reasoning for him coming here if BP gets fired is just grasping at straws.

Let me put it another way. $ Byrne bolted for A&M because he didn't want to be the AD to fire Solich. Are we to believe TO retired because he didn't want to be the AD to fire Bo? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

No way. TO retired because he was old, had already stayed was past the amount of time he had originally planned on when he returned, and was comfortable finally having good coaches in place for the major sports with a new arena and facilities.

Eichhorst left a brewing $h!tstorm at Miami (if those sanctions ever actually come, I guess) that only hit the wires after he became AD there. There is no way he would leave that behind just to knowingly get caught up in a scandal that would require him to fire a 9+ win coach in his first year. Surely he knows the history of this place. And TO surely would not wantonly pass the buck to someone else like that.

And as I've said in other threads, (NUinID) Richt coming to Nebraska isn't because he's from Omaha and is a self-professed Nebraska fan--that s**t is to get the boosters on board that Richt is a 'Nebraska Man ™' and means absolutely jack and s**t otherwise.

You can think whatever you want, but Mark Richt aside from getting fired at Georgia is not going to leave and come to Nebraska. I know you and I think Nebraska is a great job, and it is a great job. But guess what, Georgia is a great job also. Its a great job with 25 4* recruits within 100 miles of his campus. Your reasoning for him coming here if BP gets fired is just grasping at straws.

That depends on a lot of things, not the least of which would be money. I'm not sure what Richt's contract situation looks like right now, but if we offer him more money when the time comes, it may be enough to bring him back home. Obviously money isn't everything, but at the very least it'd give him something to think about.

To the OP: I can't imagine any universe where Dave Christensen is comparable to Devaney other than they happened to both be head coaches at Wyoming.

Agree and I posted the OP - no way was I saying Dave is comparable. All I was saying - I was impressed on how he had his team ready to play, they were motivated and didn't get down when they fell far behind. I think we will see him couching at a bigger program in the near future

Hot Seat #1___Mack Brown, Texas

Hot Seat #2___Charlie Weis, Kansas

Hot Seat #3___Paul Pasqualoni, Connecticut

Hot Seat #4___Lane Kiffin, USC

Hot Seat #5___Kirk Ferentz, Iowa

Hot Seat #6___Bobby Hauck, UNLV

Hot Seat #7___Terry Bowden, Akron

Hot Seat #8___Norm Chow, Hawaii

Hot Seat #9___Randy Edsall, Maryland

Hot Seat #10__Bo Pelini, Nebraska

LINK

Even with all the controversy Bo barely cracks the top ten. Mack Brown, and probably Kiffin, however, are dead men walking.