Tommy or RKIII

Warrior10

This thread is a mute point......TM will start with a boot on his foot!!!!!!!!! He's the man, haven't you heard BO? :confucius

In case TM comes down with a case of paralysis over the next two days.........I wanna see TA start and play ALOT. All this stuff about "unpolished" and "no game experience"..........I couple of VERY GOOD freshman qbs come to mind that didn't have either one of those either and they are historical characters in Husker football because THEY GOT A SHOT. I say let TA go for it .......that is if TM is on his death bed and can't get that darn boot on!

• Fire 1

Let's put this into perspective. Put in the QB that gives us the best opportunity to win the game. RK3 has the arm, have Ameer, Newby, Cross tote the rock. But I like TA ability. Watching HS highlights... he puts the ball right on the money when he throws and can throw on the run. Roll him out, introduce a little playaction. I think with TA we can be more creative on offense.

Cont'd we CANNOT afford to get cute shuffling both QB's to please both. That spells disaster. One of them could make a costly mistake on offense. Sure, they'll probably start RK3 but I THINK Armstrong should get more snaps. He needs them to build his confidence.

I don't get the sentiment to start RKIII, because "it would be the nice thing to do for him for his years of service". You start the best guy, period!!!

Thank you! I can't believe some of these posts and related logic. Always glad when a rational Husker fan speaks up. This is probably the same type of poster who would also say TM is the best guy even hurt.

It's ok to disagree, but make some darn sense please!

I don't get the sentiment to start Tommy..Is it a fear that if we upset him, he'll transfer to NC State or Tulsa? Or is it just so some yahoos can start calling someone "Touchdown Tommy" again?

I hope we get to see them both play and hopefully do well..But I really doubt Bo will want to do anything more than very vanilla.. So it won't make it any more difficult to put Taylor back in when he gets halfway healed...Maybe 15% healed. If Tommy really is the "Future of our Program", I really doubt a couple dozen fewer plays against the best Junior College team from a directional Dakota will really make that much difference.

I also hope they get more than one series at a time to get into a proper rhythm

Many are hoping the future is now and TA takes over for TM for good. TA was our highest rated QB recruit in a while, RK III is a walk on. Why wouldn't people expect TA to have more talent? What's wrong with that?

Your post went awry quickly when you used the term "yahoos" to describe anyone excited to see TA play, that's pretty weak.

TO learned in the 80s and 90s you don't sit talent even if young. If you want to keep your job by winning enough, you can't be afraid to play your young talent (e.g. Gill, Frazier, even TM at one time).

I was just trying to take the other side of the argument..I'm not even positive what a yahoo really is, but I meant it as the newest target audience that "they" seem to be after..Hyping the Heisman trophy before the season even starts, advertising upcoming games by stating a certain player's name with the name of the team..Trying to attract the casual fan or sympathetic wife by turning the worlds greatest team sport into an individual thing...I cringe every time I hear, "Johnny Football".

As to our situation at QB..I really hope we can get TM some time off to heal properly..I miss seeing the kid run and attempt passes when he's not using the throwing motion seen in that one commercial where the awkward dad tries to show his kid how to throw (with the wrong hand?).

If the freshman is ready psychologically..I would like to see him start asap..but that remains to be seen.

Sometimes, there really ARE more important things than winning..Little things like not pulling a scholarship offer when a high schooler gets a probable career ending injury, or starting a Sr over an underclassman of equal ability may not be the best idea short term, but long term builds good Karma.

How else can a smallish school in such a densely populated area have teams like we've had most of my life?...Without paying for play I mean.

Playing TM so the team can get into a rythm?

We've had no rythm on offense with the exception of some flashes here and there and of course against an 0-14 team

We are more herky jerky than a 1970s Jaguar running on cheap gas

I agree putting a Freshman kid in against Oklahoma with his first real action starting from your own 10 yard line doesnt make sense

But this is South Dakota State, the perfect time to play TA

Every week we see reports from all over the country about Freshman making impacts in College football, why can't it happen here?

Start TA. If Martinez is ready after the bye, great. BUT you get the guy who will probably start next year some much needed experience. The coaches have continued to say he has the "it" factor.

If Martinez has turf toe, it will not be 100% all season. You have had NFL guys miss multiple games even a complete season because of turf toe. This is guys who have the best rehab money can buy and also the ability to completely rest their body. No way to immobilize the toe other than a boot. You can't buddy tape, splint or support it in the cleat. It is what it is.

With that being said, start TA, get him the experience. Even if Martinez is back by conference play, I would be surprised if he is 100% and surprised if he stayed healthy. A slowed down Martinez is not a threat to the DC's in the league. They will stack the box, bring pressure and force the bad throws.

Hopefully Martin-ez is able to go. Even at 85%, still our best bet. Let him set the tempo and rhythm get up, and get him out.

Im still going with this is absolutely absurd. Turf toe is an injury that lingers, and we should sit Taylor if he is not 100%.

Who do you think has the best chance of leading us to a B1G title this year? an 75-80% TM or a 100% TM? Give Taylor three weeks to heal up and be ready for B1G play. Saying otherwise is absolutely asinine. An unhealthy Martinez is a recipe for disaster for this offense as we rely on his running ability to slow down defenses. We saw how well it worked out when Taylor couldn't run in the UCLA game. I would prefer not to frak around with this crap against a team we should handily beat with our backup QB.

I don't get the sentiment to start RKIII, because "it would be the nice thing to do for him for his years of service". You start the best guy, period!!!

Thank you! I can't believe some of these posts and related logic. Always glad when a rational Husker fan speaks up. This is probably the same type of poster who would also say TM is the best guy even hurt.

the coaches have gone to RKIII over Armstrong before. Rational and logical is not defined in terms of agreement with Knoxville Husker.

We've had no rythm on offense with the exception of some flashes here and there and of course against an 0-14 team

Yep, we've been good at beating up bad defenses and bad at playing against good defenses. It's boom or bust, and when it goes bad it's horrific.

the coaches have gone to RKIII over Armstrong before. Rational and logical is not defined in terms of agreement with Knoxville Husker.

Your logic makes no sense either. The coaches thankfully decided to preserve TA's redshirt, rather than waste it on the garbage time minutes RK III got last year.

I agree putting a Freshman kid in against Oklahoma with his first real action starting from your own 10 yard line doesnt make sense

But this is South Dakota State, the perfect time to play TA

Every week we see reports from all over the country about Freshman making impacts in College football, why can't it happen here?

tumblr_mlosveFcUm1qkk3xyo1_250.jpg