Tommy or RKIII

Warrior10

Was going to discuss this in the "Taylor held out of practice with Turf Toe" but that has turned into a mash Martinez dumpster fire. Now that we have the audio leak behind us I really want to start focusing on SDSU. I do not think we will play Taylor this week so which backup QB do you want to see? I have reasons for both:

RKIII: Ron can really wing the ball around. We have so many weapons receiving the ball that I wouldn't mind him starting and getting the ball in Bell/Q/JT/Wester/AMoore's hands. Throw it around A LOT. Feed the backs on swing passes and screens.

Armstrong: He more than likely is the starter for next year (yes Stanton will give him a run), and this is a chance to get him some big time experience. Everyone was drooling over him running the option vs Southmiss. We didn't see him throw in that game.....but we did in the spring game and it was impressive. He more fits the offense that we run week in and week out with Taylor, maybe not as complicated with him (Tommy) at QB, but we could run more effective traditional option.

Personally I would give Tommy the start but if we get up 14-21 points mix RKIII into the game for a series or 2 with the ones. RKIII has been nothing but loyal to the program and deserves the chance for some PT.....not to mention he can wing the ball around.

Does Nebraska know how to run a screen pass to the runningbacks?

Was going to discuss this in the "Taylor held out of practice with Turf Toe" but that has turned into a mash Martinez dumpster fire. Now that we have the audio leak behind us I really want to start focusing on SDSU. I do not think we will play Taylor this week so which backup QB do you want to see? I have reasons for both:

RKIII: Ron can really wing the ball around. We have so many weapons receiving the ball that I wouldn't mind him starting and getting the ball in Bell/Q/JT/Wester/AMoore's hands. Throw it around A LOT. Feed the backs on swing passes and screens.

Armstrong: He more than likely is the starter for next year (yes Stanton will give him a run), and this is a chance to get him some big time experience. Everyone was drooling over him running the option vs Southmiss. We didn't see him throw in that game.....but we did in the spring game and it was impressive. He more fits the offense that we run week in and week out with Taylor, maybe not as complicated with him (Tommy) at QB, but we could run more effective traditional option.

Personally I would give Tommy the start but if we get up 14-21 points mix RKIII into the game for a series or 2 with the ones. RKIII has been nothing but loyal to the program and deserves the chance for some PT.....not to mention he can wing the ball around.

Does Nebraska know how to run a screen pass to the runningbacks?

Well with the time it takes to perfect inside zone, outside zone, zone read option, zone read option passing option, speed option, spread passing game, power running game, some crossfire stuff added last week and all the rest of the kitchen sink they probably havent got to that just yet. :sarcasm

• Fire 1

I don't get the sentiment to start RKIII, because "it would be the nice thing to do for him for his years of service". You start the best guy, period!!!

Thank you! I can't believe some of these posts and related logic. Always glad when a rational Husker fan speaks up. This is probably the same type of poster who would also say TM is the best guy even hurt.

It's ok to disagree, but make some darn sense please!

Does anyone have the drive uploaded that Tommy lead against Southern Miss? I can't find highlights of it other than Imani's beast run.

I just remember he was decisive, some pump fake trickery, evidence of good timing, and that he likes to keep the ball and get upfield. The defense definitely seemed surprised by the play calling, but he needs some more playing time clearly to hit on all cylinders. In the mean time, he looked like a guy who can get you 4-5 yards any time you need it, and keep the chains moving and defense off the field.