Bo's Job Security - 2013 (Poll 2)

knapplc

Poll: Bo Pelini's job security   

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I did verify that at least one outfit are giving odds of Bo being our HC in 2014 as 1/5 "no" and 3/1 "yes" . Do they know something?

Most people around the country feel he's a dead man walking after the UCLA blowout, don't need Tommie Frazier, F the Fans trifecta.

He needs a big year. Like win the conference type of year.

6ee.gif

*Taken from NUance's post in the Funny Sports Pictures et al. thread.

• Fire 2

I voted very unlikely because both Perlman and Eichorst had Pelini's back with that audio tape. No suspension, no fine, nothing and that leads me to believe that Bo will be safe this year but if he has another rough season next year than more than likely Bo will be gone.

It took Callahan two losing seasons to get the boot so I can see Bo having the same ultimatum if it comes down to that.

TO had Bo's back. Let's face it. Once Shawn and Harv heard Tom was coming out in support, they had no choice but to follow suit. Tom Osborne just has the effect on the entire state like that. He's just a calm blanket over everything. I truly believe in my heart that without Tom to all but save the situation last week, Bo wouldve been fired midweek.

Exactly, we are stuck with this crapfest until Osborne quits shoving his nose in the Universities business. Now we're stuck with terrible staffs and getting blow out on National TV leaving any rational recruit staying far away from this mess which is reflected on the field. Call it Solich Part Two ......Return to more irrelevent than ever before. Hopefully boosters right this ship before we spend another 1.5 decades of being embarrassed and laughed at by the entire country.

It appears it will take back to back .500 seasons which would be impossible even for Pelini in this conference considering Jamrogs scheduling of non conference even though he said it appeared the last regime "scheduled for wins"

As long as Bo has his guardian angel, he's safe. It was proven that Shawn E will not act accordingly in restoring the Nebraska Brand

Wyoming and UCLA are tough non conference opponents

Yeah they are, we will see when Oregon has a shot at them with their 1st year coach, not 6th year coach

I voted very unlikely because both Perlman and Eichorst had Pelini's back with that audio tape. No suspension, no fine, nothing and that leads me to believe that Bo will be safe this year but if he has another rough season next year than more than likely Bo will be gone.

It took Callahan two losing seasons to get the boot so I can see Bo having the same ultimatum if it comes down to that.

TO had Bo's back. Let's face it. Once Shawn and Harv heard Tom was coming out in support, they had no choice but to follow suit. Tom Osborne just has the effect on the entire state like that. He's just a calm blanket over everything. I truly believe in my heart that without Tom to all but save the situation last week, Bo wouldve been fired midweek.

You're completely correct TO did have Bo's back about a year ago when it was first discovered and it was dealt with internally but with the tape being revealed nationally its a whole new ballgame with a new AD who very well could've had a different opinion on the matter than what TO did. TO hasn't been a part of the University since June 30th.

A new AD, Harvey who's butt heads with Bo in the past and now with TO out of the picture was the perfect time to discipline Bo accordingly which they didn't do.

Tom corrected the problem, but not letting Harvey know, well only Tom could get away with it. That does not mean that both Eichorst or Perlman are happy about it. Taken out of their hands so to speak. The fact that Perlman was upset with Bo before, then not brought into the last episode, most likely does not set well. But if the wheels come off this year, that will be the public reason, but the past will have a heavy price to be paid. IMHO

Tom corrected the problem, but not letting Harvey know, well only Tom could get away with it. That does not mean that both Eichorst or Perlman are happy about it. Taken out of their hands so to speak. The fact that Perlman was upset with Bo before, then not brought into the last episode, most likely does not set well. But if the wheels come off this year, that will be the public reason, but the past will have a heavy price to be paid. IMHO

this was probably the last time we will see the Tom card played...

Exactly, we are stuck with this crapfest until Osborne quits shoving his nose in the Universities business. Now we're stuck with terrible staffs and getting blow out on National TV leaving any rational recruit staying far away from this mess which is reflected on the field. Call it Solich Part Two ......Return to more irrelevent than ever before. Hopefully boosters right this ship before we spend another 1.5 decades of being embarrassed and laughed at by the entire country.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing bud. TO has this mysterious power to rally the whole state. He spoke. Everyone was instantly calmed. All I'm saying it, without TO in this situation, Bo wouldve most certainly been shown the door. Happening at midseason, that wouldve been a total disaster. You woulda been able to kiss Nebraska football goodbye as we know it. I wouldnt have been about firing a coach with 9-10 wins every year. It wouldve been seen as us being the most delusional fans in football where we go around secretly recording things coaches say in private so we can oust their asses cuz they "cant win the big one". That's how it wouldve been spun. We'd be screwed. They didnt back Bo for Bo. They backed Bo for the program.

If Armstrong becomes the steadying hand for the offense, that will go a long way to solving the defensive problems. Not giving the other team extra opportunities to move the ball and if our O can eat time off the clock with long sustained drives that end up in TD's, that gives our D fewer chances to have the spotlight on them till they mature.

I'm going with very likely for 3 reasons:

1) I don't think this team will win the division and get to the B1G title game. Considering how much easier this year's schedule is compared to the last 2 years, the conference title game is a must for Pelini.

2) I think the leaked audio from 2011 has a much more negative impact on Pelini's bosses and boosters than most might think.

3) I don't know who it might be, but methinks there's another coach on our AD's short list who can take us to the next level. And I don't think Eichorst is afraid to go get him and get Nebraska's trampled name out of mediocrity and back into the positive spotlight.

2) I think the leaked audio from 2011 has a much more negative impact on Pelini's bosses and boosters than most might think.

Considering the OWH released an article saying that every booster they spoke with didn't care much about the audio, felt Bo's job was secure over that aspect, and said it was about on field results, I'm going to say you're completely wrong on this point.

If we lose 5 or more, Eichorst would have to fire him, I feel.

I honestly think that is possible.

Northwestern will likely drub us.

Michigan is going to be tough

Michigan State's defense will stop us and our D will make their offense look like the 85 Bears

Judging by our recent history we will drop 1-2 along the way that we shouldnt.

You don't watch a lot of other teams do you? NW has beat no one yet. MSU can't score against anyone with a pulse. Michigan has almost lost its last 2 games to two teams that aren't very good. ND is not that good and they almost beat MU and did beat MSU.

We could lose all those games I doubt it. My bet is we lose 1 of the 3.

The defense will get better BP is in scramble mode. He knows he has to swallow his ego and give his young defense a chance to make plays and get better. The buy week comes at a perfect time.

Don't expect miracles, if he can get the yards down to about 400 and drop a touchdown off the pts that will be good enough.

You don't watch a lot of Husker football do you?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing bud. TO has this mysterious power to rally the whole state. He spoke. Everyone was instantly calmed. All I'm saying it, without TO in this situation, Bo wouldve most certainly been shown the door. Happening at midseason, that wouldve been a total disaster. You woulda been able to kiss Nebraska football goodbye as we know it. I wouldnt have been about firing a coach with 9-10 wins every year. It wouldve been seen as us being the most delusional fans in football where we go around secretly recording things coaches say in private so we can oust their asses cuz they "cant win the big one". That's how it wouldve been spun. We'd be screwed. They didnt back Bo for Bo. They backed Bo for the program.

TO has the mysterious power to calm people that see him as some sort of deity, many of us see him for what he has really done to Nebraska Football. We all know this whole Pelini experiment was done as a continuation of the Solich experiment where people wanted Pelini kept after the MSU bowl game. If we erase the Callahan years we erase Suh and Shawn Watson and replace them with the cards Callahan was dealt (Dailey and a Cotton offense) how do you really think Pelini would have faired playing the schedules Callahan did without Suh and other Callahan recruits. Basically take last year and this year and watch what happens in 2007. Bo is hiding in a weak conference and still getting blown out or losing to below average teams (Wisconsin) and while still in the Big XII to the likes of Texas in Memorial. Michigan vs Akron takes any shine of this years pathetic schedule and we will have to wait and see how UCLA fairs but my guess is they will end around #20 if they are lucky, they're not that good, we're just that bad as we learned last weekend where an FBS shredded us until a certain player left the game, sort of like Pelinis luck that a certain QB left a game just before he stated " F "the fans, the state, I'm F'ing outta here first chance I get"

The problem is, no one wants him nor his baggage, he's been exposed in defensive scheme, recruiting, staff selection, and players constantly giving up not to mention not conditioned well to the point where Eric Crouch comments on how tired they look in a 1st quarter against the mighty Jackrabbits. Disastrous he gets fired after he labeled the Nebraska Brand as the "F you, F This, F that"? Sorry, but hopefully young kids weren't paying attention to what standards their highest paid role models are held to, obviously it's not their game planning where they consistently field a terrible product.

Getting fired would have been the best thing for Nebraska, make Ron Brown interim to keep the certain "fans" happy and get on with a search for a real coach before Texas, USC grab the good ones. The sooner the fraud is ousted the better

• Fire 1

Considering the OWH released an article saying that every booster they spoke with didn't care much about the audio, felt Bo's job was secure over that aspect, and said it was about on field results, I'm going to say you're completely wrong on this point.

And I'll rebut with "I think they were just trying to save face." But, even if I am wrong about that, which is completely possible, you gotta admit it's been tough getting a true read on how Perlman and Eichorst feel about the whole thing. Sure, their press release indicated they've moved past it, but I think we all know there's often times a lot more going on behind the scenes.

TO has the mysterious power to calm people that see him as some sort of deity, many of us see him for what he has really done to Nebraska Football. We all know this whole Pelini experiment was done as a continuation of the Solich experiment where people wanted Pelini kept after the MSU bowl game. If we erase the Callahan years we erase Suh and Shawn Watson and replace them with the cards Callahan was dealt (Dailey and a Cotton offense) how do you really think Pelini would have faired playing the schedules Callahan did without Suh and other Callahan recruits. Basically take last year and this year and watch what happens in 2007. Bo is hiding in a weak conference and still getting blown out or losing to below average teams (Wisconsin) and while still in the Big XII to the likes of Texas in Memorial. Michigan vs Akron takes any shine of this years pathetic schedule and we will have to wait and see how UCLA fairs but my guess is they will end around #20 if they are lucky, they're not that good, we're just that bad as we learned last weekend where an FBS shredded us until a certain player left the game, sort of like Pelinis luck that a certain QB left a game just before he stated " F "the fans, the state, I'm F'ing outta here first chance I get"

The problem is, no one wants him nor his baggage, he's been exposed in defensive scheme, recruiting, staff selection, and players constantly giving up not to mention not conditioned well to the point where Eric Crouch comments on how tired they look in a 1st quarter against the mighty Jackrabbits. Disastrous he gets fired after he labeled the Nebraska Brand as the "F you, F This, F that"? Sorry, but hopefully young kids weren't paying attention to what standards their highest paid role models are held to, obviously it's not their game planning where they consistently field a terrible product.

Getting fired would have been the best thing for Nebraska, make Ron Brown interim to keep the certain "fans" happy and get on with a search for a real coach before Texas, USC grab the good ones. The sooner the fraud is ousted the better

I guess you are saying our emperor has no clothes