What Bo said to John Papuchis

Redux

Its happened here before, Bohl was fired, now a NC head coach, Watson leading Louisville to BCS games. Who knows.

Dont fool yourself though. 99% of Nebraska fans wanted Bohl gone. 99% of us wanted Watson gone too. That includes you and me. That's the really interesting part in it all, yes?

But still, they were successful after leaving Nebraska. Hell look at what Solich has done with Ohio. Just because they weren't successful at Nebraska doesn't mean they won't be successful somewhere else.

the solich horse has been beaten way too long so i wont say anything about him other than i feel he would have been fine given more time after overhauling the staff.

bohl, it has been stated numerous times that some people arent cut out to be coordinators and some arent cut out to be head coaches.

as for watson, he could not have walked into a better situation. he was given a first round qb to use and then he gets to call plays in the acc. we'll see what he does without the golden net.

• Fire 3

I watched this part last night finally. I dont get what the big hub bub is. There's really a wide speculation of what Bo couldve said. "we got a lot of work to do" to "we cant f'ing stop anyone" to.... who knows. And it's not like Bo yelled at him or pointed a finger. He simply told him something. Papuchis reaction wasnt really that big of a deal to me. More of a "yeah, we bad alright" type of look. Like he knows what has to be done. Nothing to see here. I'm not reading anything into it.

With the frustration over our performance and tapegate changing the dynamic(Eichorst having more leverage, Bo's back to the wall) it wouldn't surprise me if we see a defensive staffing change. If I'm Eichorst I tell Bo that the hunt can't be limited to guys he knows, and in return the checkbook will be gotten out to where we'll go over the million mark if need to be to get a top DC.

I watched this part last night finally. I dont get what the big hub bub is. There's really a wide speculation of what Bo couldve said. "we got a lot of work to do" to "we cant f'ing stop anyone" to.... who knows. And it's not like Bo yelled at him or pointed a finger. He simply told him something. Papuchis reaction wasnt really that big of a deal to me. More of a "yeah, we bad alright" type of look. Like he knows what has to be done. Nothing to see here. I'm not reading anything into it.

Idk, looked to me like he was pretty dissaointed by what Bo said. If it were me, Id rather have Bo yell at me than say something calmly and cold blooded.

I stole this from a FB post (maybe it has already been posted here so i apologize in advance). Is the program, led by a defensive genius, headed in the correct direction? I think Paps works in a hostile work environment and there is only one queen bee.

FB Post in Husker Army "TO was HC for 25 yrs. His defenses gave up a total of 77964 yds.

BP has been HC for 6 yrs. His defenses have given up (or are on pace to g/u) a total of 32614 yds. (2003 incl).

At this rate, Bo's defenses will give up the same amount of total yards as TO's in about half the time."

I stole this from a FB post (maybe it has already been posted here so i apologize in advance). Is the program, led by a defensive genius, headed in the correct direction? I think Paps works in a hostile work environment and there is only one queen bee.

FB Post in Husker Army "TO was HC for 25 yrs. His defenses gave up a total of 77964 yds.

BP has been HC for 6 yrs. His defenses have given up (or are on pace to g/u) a total of 32614 yds. (2003 incl).

At this rate, Bo's defenses will give up the same amount of total yards as TO's in about half the time."

By no means am I suggesting that our defense isn't porous at best, but.....things have changed.

I don't think it's at all fair to compare ypg from 2003-2013 and 1985-1995. Vertical passing attacks and the spread have allowed teams to crank out yardage let never before.

I don't have time to check it thoroughly but I'm 99% sure those stats are wrong. That would net out to about 250 yards a game for T.O.'s defenses (which is unrealistically low) and 450 yards a game for Bo's. In 2008, Bo's defense gave up 350 ypg, 2009 gave up 272, ypg, 2010 gave up 306 ypg, and last year's maligned defense gave up 360 ypg, or still around 90 yards short of Bo's supposed average.

Idk, looked to me like he was pretty dissaointed by what Bo said. If it were me, Id rather have Bo yell at me than say something calmly and cold blooded.

Worst feeling I ever got was when my Dad just calmly said he was disappointed with something I did.

Please explain to me how Papuchis's look on his face comes off as "so dissappointing" or whatever words are being thrown around.

Someone make a .gif of this please? My goodness, talk about trying make something out of nothing.

By no means am I suggesting that our defense isn't porous at best, but.....things have changed.

I don't think it's at all fair to compare ypg from 2003-2013 and 1985-1995. Vertical passing attacks and the spread have allowed teams to crank out yardage let never before.

with that I would have to agree...see A&M vs. Alabama....Alabama gave up a tons of yards to Manziel.