What Bo said to John Papuchis

Redux

Idk, looked to me like he was pretty dissaointed by what Bo said. If it were me, Id rather have Bo yell at me than say something calmly and cold blooded.

Worst feeling I ever got was when my Dad just calmly said he was disappointed with something I did.

Please explain to me how Papuchis's look on his face comes off as "so dissappointing" or whatever words are being thrown around.

Someone make a .gif of this please? My goodness, talk about trying make something out of nothing.

Geez it was just a casual observation. Never said Bo tried railing Paps wife while making him watch.

FYI I received a text from someone who is affiliated with the program that said, after the first quarter Bo had some interesting words for Pap. Saying "I can't believe I've been letting you call the plays for a ******* year". Then proceeded to grab his play sheet and called the plays the rest of the game while Papuchis just stood there for the rest of the game . I don't know if this is going to have any effect on our defense production, but I thought this was interesting to say the least.

I hope this doesnt get to be personal

The way Cosgrove was treated on his way out was almost criminal

This is a good man with a family

Someone doesnt like the way he coaches, let's leave it at that

Inevitably there will be a few asshats making some kind of awful comment or gesture. With hundreds of thousands, if not a million fans, it's impossible not to have that.

The things Cosgrove had to put up with his final season were ridiculous, but they were said/done by the vast minority. That's little comfort for Cosgrove, but it's something.

• Fire 1

FYI I received a text from someone who is affiliated with the program that said, after the first quarter Bo had some interesting words for Pap. Saying "I can't believe I've been letting you call the plays for a ******* year". Then proceeded to grab his play sheet and called the plays the rest of the game while Papuchis just stood there for the rest of the game . I don't know if this is going to have any effect on our defense production, but I thought this was interesting to say the least.

I hope this is true, it is promising.

What needs to happen is just to have Pap step down as DC and have him in charge of a defensive group again. Then either promote Kaz to DC, or really the best option is to bring in some new blood with some new ideas that is a highly regarded DC at another school.

If promoting from within is the best option, I'm all for it, but I would hope serious consideration and evaluation went into someone from outside the program. Loyalty and trust in your staff is important but not at the expense of game day performance.

I sure hope this actually happened. The defense looked much better with more pressure after the 1st quarter. You could tell from Bo talking after the game he seemed like he finally has had enough, not sure why it took him so long. I know we have been hearing about him changing the defense for a long time so I hope he means it this time.

But but but I thought Bo was still calling the plays and Paps was signaling in the plays.

Since the playsheet hangs from Pap's belt on a wire...was Pap forced to follow Bo around all game?

• Fire 1

Since the playsheet hangs from Pap's belt on a wire...was Pap forced to follow Bo around all game?

Just relaying what I was told.

Pap signaling the plays Bo calls is a huge myth IMO. Paps doesn't have the title defensive coordinator to just signal plays.

That goes against most of what this board thinks then. "It's Bo's defense, and you're crazy to think otherwise"...has been the prevailing opinion around here for a number of years. If it hasn't been...then honestly that's pretty encouraging and I'll have a lot more faith that Bo can fix it.

• Fire 2

I am surely not going to say (BS) to the validity on your post Mr. Husker but pretty hard to chew on. If it is truly what has been going on, it would explain a lot about our lackadaisical performances but IMO wouldn't bode well for Bo in relation to his common sense or deductive reasoning abilities. :dunno

Two things have to be addressed.

1. Pap is the DC and is overwhelmed beyond belief. Either not taking advice or learning from Bo. Not capable at this level yet. Behind the curve on other qualified DC's around the country. Management error

2. Bo is the DC, and his defensive genius has slipped. Or he has not been able to teach his ideas to the young coach he selected to be his DC.

Either way we seem to be blaming the wrong guy. Bo is responsible for what Pap puts on the field. I would assume there are meetings all week long implementing both offense and defense and Bo has to sign off on those plans. If that is the case, it should not take this long to figure his hire was not right and corrections need to be made. If Pap is a figure head, then we have seen the best we can do and these results will continue though the year.