NCAA announces easing of sanctions against Penn State

knapplc

And Poor JoePa.........probably still alive if no Penn State fiasco.

fry-suspicious.gif

What? He might be. Lord knows coaching Penn State was the only thing keeping him alive. Haven't you ever seen an elderly person retire and instantly age way faster than they did before?

funny thing, that is exactly the reason why JoePa stayed so long(according to Musberger)

He didn't want what happened to Bear Bryant to happen to him.

Woody had WWII history, Osborne had politics, JoePa didn't have anything else.

And Poor JoePa.........probably still alive if no Penn State fiasco.

fry-suspicious.gif

What? He might be. Lord knows coaching Penn State was the only thing keeping him alive. Haven't you ever seen an elderly person retire and instantly age way faster than they did before?

I was more referring to the "Poor JoePa" part.

So when does Ohio St get to go back in time to play for the National title in 2012 since Tressel and Prior were both gone by then?

That would have been a very winnable game for OSU vs ND. I am sure the media would have went nuts if that happened. Gasp...no sec team.

Bama would have still found a way to be #2, assuming Nebraska didn't stomp OSU in the B10 title game.

So when does Ohio St get to go back in time to play for the National title in 2012 since Tressel and Prior were both gone by then?

That would have been a very winnable game for OSU vs ND. I am sure the media would have went nuts if that happened. Gasp...no sec team.

Bama would have still found a way to be #2, assuming Nebraska didn't stomp OSU in the B10 title game.

They wouldn't have. Won? Sure that's possible....stomp? No

It woulda been OSU vs Bama in the title game. Had Ohio St won and ND won their bowl game, the AP wouldve voted ND #1 for a split title. Had Bama won, they wouldve been outright champs with an unbeaten ND getting nothing.

It woulda been OSU vs Bama in the title game. Had Ohio St won and ND won their bowl game, the AP wouldve voted ND #1 for a split title. Had Bama won, they wouldve been outright champs with an unbeaten ND getting nothing.

LOL at the thought of a undefeated ND team not being in the NC. They would leave OSU out before ND.

The NCAA is the most crooked organization in America. Honestly, I believe that. I firmly believe that someday there will be a huge scandal come out proving that huge amounts of money changes hands under the table from institutions to NCAA management so various programs aren't punished.

For instance, OU doesn't really worry about doing something wrong because they know if they slide a million under the table the NCAA really won't do anything that is going to actually hurt the program.

Pathetic way to run things.

The NCAA is the most crooked organization in America. Honestly, I believe that. I firmly believe that someday there will be a huge scandal come out proving that huge amounts of money changes hands under the table from institutions to NCAA management so various programs aren't punished.

For instance, OU doesn't really worry about doing something wrong because they know if they slide a million under the table the NCAA really won't do anything that is going to actually hurt the program.

If that were true, why did USC, OSU, PSU and others get in trouble. Those schools have enough money to pay off the NCAA.

Exactly. Bomar-Linemen-Adrian Peterson major violations punished for vacating all victories in 2005. A year later, secret pact between OU and NCAA had erased the original sanctions........hush hush. In other words, restore victories in 2005. Almost guaranteed millions under the table.

The PSU case is sui generis. It had nothing to do with football players. I doubt we'll see many more scandals that are comparable.

Couldn't agree more. This was a justice system matter at it's core and unlike anything college football has ever seen before.

Totally agree, I don't think the NCAA should have stepped in at all; it was a criminal matter. I know people disagree with me on that, but I still believe the NCAA was so far outside its jurisdiction on the original punishment. In no way do I condone what happened at PSU, but let the courts take care of criminal issues.