husker_fan_from_sweden doesn't like Jay-z

Without getting too political or too far down the slippery slope it would be equivelent to Notre Dame trying to get recruits to attend a miley Cyrus MTV music awards.

Not really

No recruits are interested in seeing Miley Cyrus or would equate Lincoln being "cool" if Miley was in town

Right well I don't think Nebraskans want to promote the debauchery that unfolds at both of their concerts

Exactly, it's much better to hear the coach say "F" the fans, I've been looking for a "F"ing job elsewhere anyway. Come to think of it, a Jay Z concert would probably be tame comparatively. Maybe Jay Z can get some lyrical assistance from ole foul face himself

This thread went to hell quickly.

Jay Z is a successful person and it's admirable how he got from where he was to where he is. But that's besides the point; the recruits aren't going to see Jay Z because of his motivational, inspirational message. They are going to see Jay Z because of the same reason EVERYBODY sees Jay Z, they want to be entertained.

Where is this uptightness coming from? Jay Z doesn't do anything differently than any other major rap artist. His songs are just better.

Where did this idea that Nebraskans shouldn't stand for Jay Z coming to Lincoln come from? It's great that Jay Z wants to come to Lincoln! It shows that Lincoln can have a downtown scene and can draw the big name artists. What recruit WOULDN'T want to hear that?

Some people man, some people.

• Fire 2

Jay Z is a successful person and it's admirable how he got from where he was to where he is. But that's besides the point; the recruits aren't going to see Jay Z because of his motivational, inspirational message. They are going to see Jay Z because of the same reason EVERYBODY sees Jay Z, they want to be entertained.

Where is this uptightness coming from? Jay Z doesn't do anything differently than any other major rap artist. His songs are just better.

Where did this idea that Nebraskans shouldn't stand for Jay Z coming to Lincoln come from? It's great that Jay Z wants to come to Lincoln! It shows that Lincoln can have a downtown scene and can draw the big name artists. What recruit WOULDN'T want to hear that?

This.

giphy.gif

Hes the leader of the Illuminati and their watching our every move...

Stop it.... You're scaring Christians....

Your man LBJ is in it to. Just watch as he is introduced. He does all those weird signs with a triangle thrown in there.

Oh No......

uspw_6755778.jpg?w=320&h=320&crop=1

That looks more like a diamond than a triangle.

Btw, im just joking. But I do have a friend that is absolutely convinced the Illuminati exist and Jay-Z and Beyonce are the leaders just waiting for the right moment to take over the country. He told me to watch a video about how them and how all the major corporations have the triangle with eyes sign. I think its all BS.

Hes the leader of the Illuminati and their watching our every move...

Stop it.... You're scaring Christians....

Your man LBJ is in it to. Just watch as he is introduced. He does all those weird signs with a triangle thrown in there.

Oh No......

uspw_6755778.jpg?w=320&h=320&crop=1

That looks more like a diamond than a triangle.

Btw, im just joking. But I do have a friend that is absolutely convinced the Illuminati exist and Jay-Z and Beyonce are the leaders just waiting for the right moment to take over the country. He told me to watch a video about how them and how all the major corporations have the triangle with eyes sign. I think its all BS.

Agreed, a whole lot of nothing....

Although the history of the movement is pretty interesting (European origin)....