husker_fan_from_sweden doesn't like Jay-z

What does Jay Z stand for?

In his neighborhood, Carter was known as "Jazzy", a nickname that eventually developed into his showbiz/stage name, "Jay-Z". The moniker is also an homage to his musical mentor, Jaz-O, as well as to the J/Z subway services that have a stop at Marcy Avenue in Brooklyn.[20] On 18 July 2013, he announced he was dropping the hyphen, and prefers to be known as Jay Z.[2][3]

That bastard!

I think the university should send them to a Lincoln Orchestra concert.  That would broaden their horizons and keep them away from that other horrible music.

Naw dude.

Elton John - Pinnacle Bank - in the flesh.

If that doesn't get recruits pumped up then I don't know what will.

HOLD ME CLOSAAAAA TONY DANZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_m6v9lyXMNx1rq5uako1_500.gif

"What because he wants to make money? How is it different than any corporate executive being greedy and wanting more in bonuses? I don't know many people who don't desire to have more money in life"

Seems a little contradictory don't ya think?

Look. You have said your peace on this. You don't think he is a role model. Fine. He is an entertainer. And the coaches are not looking to take potential recruits to the concert for a motivational speech. They are taking them there to be entertained. End of story.

• Fire 1

"What because he wants to make money? How is it different than any corporate executive being greedy and wanting more in bonuses? I don't know many people who don't desire to have more money in life"

Why don't you address my post and tell me how I'm wrong or what doesn't make sense? And unless I made a typo that I'm not seeing, no it's not contradictory. I'm saying everyone wants more money, whether it be me asking for a raise at my job or Jay Z doing something he is passionate about and people willing to pay him. You want him to just go around the country and sing for free when people are willing to pay him millions of dollars for it? What is the problem with that?

And again:

1. recruits are huge fans of him

2. nebraska has a "hick town" perception problem

3. having him come here allows recruits to see him in concert

4. it helps alleviate the perception problem we have

How is this a problem? This is a 110% positive for the program and promoting it to recruits.

Look. You have said your peace on this. You don't think he is a role model. Fine. He is an entertainer. And the coaches are not looking to take potential recruits to the concert for a motivational speech. They are taking them there to be entertained. End of story.

I will leave it there then. At least two people understood why I was raising a fuss.

I will leave it there then. At least two people understood why I was raising a fuss.

Would those "2 people" tell the rest of us what the fuss was then, please?

• Fire 1

Without getting too political or too far down the slippery slope it would be equivelent to Notre Dame trying to get recruits to attend a miley Cyrus MTV music awards.

Not really

No recruits are interested in seeing Miley Cyrus or would equate Lincoln being "cool" if Miley was in town

Right well I don't think Nebraskans want to promote the debauchery that unfolds at both of their concerts

What kind of debauchery are you talking about? I've been to Ludacris, Pastor Troy, Lil Jon, and TI and there was MUCH less "debauchery" at those shows than when I've seen Metallica.

Was ABBA unavailable that day?

Without getting too political or too far down the slippery slope it would be equivelent to Notre Dame trying to get recruits to attend a miley Cyrus MTV music awards.

Not really

No recruits are interested in seeing Miley Cyrus or would equate Lincoln being "cool" if Miley was in town

Right well I don't think Nebraskans want to promote the debauchery that unfolds at both of their concerts

What kind of debauchery are you talking about? I've been to Ludacris, Pastor Troy, Lil Jon, and TI and there was MUCH less "debauchery" at those shows than when I've seen Metallica.

Was ABBA unavailable that day?

ABBA? My Goodness!!! Just wait until Dancing Queen comes on and "Nebraskans" are introduced to the debauchery of cut off jean shorts and leather vests.... :sarcasm