Range Rover vs Bikers

The NYPD is investigating why two off-duty cops riding with the biker group did not stop the beating from happening. One was an undercover narcotics cop, who sources say did not get involved for fear of blowing his cover.

The NYPD is also investigating reports that 3 off-duty cops may have been nearby to the attack.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9274018

This story continues to get even more weird.

and Lien plowed into rider Edwin Mieses, who's been left paralyzed, his mother says.

LINK

Even though the bikers were clearly in the wrong, this is a tragedy. The bike rider Mieses is going to live with this for every minute of the rest of his life. Just sad.

Maybe I'm just an a-hole, but I really can't sympathize with him a bit. You put a man in a position where his family may be threatened, it should be expected.

The dude that got paralyzed, deserves what he gets, and is moronic on multiple levels...

I'm not sure about that. The claim is the dude who got paralyzed was stepping in to defuse the situation and wave some of the more confrontational riders off. It's tragic what happened but the driver was still being cornered and threatened and likely had no way of figuring out anybody's intentions -- or focusing on any one guy.

and Lien plowed into rider Edwin Mieses, who's been left paralyzed, his mother says.

LINK

Even though the bikers were clearly in the wrong, this is a tragedy. The bike rider Mieses is going to live with this for every minute of the rest of his life. Just sad.

Maybe I'm just an a-hole, but I really can't sympathize with him a bit. You put a man in a position where his family may be threatened, it should be expected.

The dude that got paralyzed, deserves what he gets, and is moronic on multiple levels...

I dunno. Was the Ranger Rover guy ever in serious danger? Sure, there were a bunch of a-hole bikers swarming around. But this thing was happening in broad daylight on a busy highway. Worst case scenario is his car gets vandalized, or maybe he gets roughed up a bit. It's not like the bikers were going to kill him right there on a busy highway, and then rape his wife. Then again, I can see how someone would panic with all those guys swarming around, and think the worst.

I just think it's a tragedy that the one biker got paralyzed. But I guess he put himself in that situation. It's just a sh**ty deal all the way around.

I dunno. Was the Ranger Rover guy ever in serious danger? Sure, there were a bunch of a-hole bikers swarming around. But this thing was happening in broad daylight on a busy highway. Worst case scenario is his car gets vandalized, or maybe he gets roughed up a bit. It's not like the bikers were going to kill him right there on a busy highway, and then rape his wife. Then again, I can see how someone would panic with all those guys swarming around, and think the worst.

I just think it's a tragedy that the one biker got paralyzed. But I guess he put himself in that situation. It's just a sh**ty deal all the way around.

Thing is, there's no point for the a-hole bikers to be swarming around him anyways. If it's not for them and their wannabe thug attitudes, this could have been avoided. Do they think harassing this guy, if he cut them off, is going to improve the situation, then they're stupid. You're driving in NY city, if you don't expect to have some non driving douchenozzle to cut you off at some point, you're naive.

Somebody gets cut off, flips the guy off, and keeps moving on. I was just on that highway Friday night and saw about half a dozen people get cutoff, and nothing that crazy happened...

It's kind of hard to predict the actions of a angry mob of people who are acting pretty belligerent in the first place.

I think we have a different definition of tragedy. No sympathy from me.

So, let me get this straight. If I am purposely stopped on the highway by a mob of people who are acting threatening, I am supposed to wait until they start beating the crap out of me, raping my wife or harming my young child before I'm supposed to try to get out of the situation?

These guys thought they were king Shi* and owned and controlled the road and they thought they could do what ever they wanted. Well....when you have that attitude, sorry, you are going to suffer any consequences from your actions because you are flat out wrong.

I don't give a flying rip about the idiot that is paralyzed. In fact, maybe now he won't go out and act like that again. AND, maybe his piss ant buddies will wake up some day and secretly think..."wow....we really fu*ked up that day" and won't do it again.