DE Darius Slade [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Oh my... Please stop questioning his character. Nobody here even knows him. Just admit this decommit stings pretty bad and move on

I agree. We are in the process of trying to flip a couple of kids right now too. What does that say about THEIR character if they switch to NU?

They have God on their side.

• Fire 1

Its kind of a shame people don't see both sides of the story when it's right in front of them. Kids flip all the time this time of year. Look at our visitors this weekend: 2 kids currently committed to other programs. Joe Keels? Flipped him from Wisc. It goes both ways. Wish the kid luck & move on.

• Fire 1

Look, it's not that he flipped. It's happened before and it'll happen again. It's part of the game. What I find hilarious and why I'm mocking him a tad is that he was all "I was a Spartan all along. That's home for me." "MSU were my family since day one." If that was the case, then why did he commit here? It's one thing to decommit and go somewhere else, it's another to spout that crap. To commit here and then turn around, go somewhere else and say that is disingenuous at best and deserves some light mocking.

• Fire 3

"Committed to Michigan State University," Slade said via text to SpartanTailgate. "I was a Spartan all along. That's home for me." "MSU were my family since day one," Slade added.

http://michiganstate...an-State-171896

Then why did you commit to Nebraska? Kids...

It's things like this that caused me to really get away from paying attention to recruiting a few years ago. Kids are really wishy washy these days it seems...............

They've always been that way - you just notice more because you're older and the internet shows more of it.

Probably true...........wait, did you just call me old?! :lol:

It's just become funny anymore. Weak class and Slade was one of the few really good commits.

No clue what you're talking about. At all. So I'll do you a favor and tell you to shut up before you embarrass yourself.

You think this a strong class? We've got some decent players but it's a long way from being a big time class. Barely ranks in the top 40. Slade was one of the best commits we had. Nebraska should be doing much better.

You factor in that Harrison (MLB), Clinkscales (grades), and Darlington (brain injury) are all iffy and it looks weak.

Yes, I do. Mainly based on the fact (because you like to gaze at stars, apparently) that losing your beloved 3-star recruit with a lot of upside takes precedence over the three 4-star players you just listed. Based on that alone, your argument is worthless. However, the players you mentioned are not all iffy, not even close. Harrison, yes, probably the MLB. Clinkscales will be here, grades are not an issue. Darlington is right on track to be just fine. Iffy how? This class leaks weak? Your argument looks weak. And, based on the fact we've all heard it 1202038291730 times before, it's getting very, very old. Take some time to evaluate this class before you say it's weak due to the loss of one recruit. Yes, a skilled player we are losing, but not one that breaks this class, not even close. Step back from the ledge, all of you, dear God.

Whoa. Where did I say this class became weak when someone decomitted? It was already weak, this simply made it weaker.

You still think Clinkscales is going to be here? Grades are not an issue?

• 3 weeks later...