TA Starting Per ESPN

Sucks for Taylor but it gives TA much needed playing time before he becomes the undisputed starter next year.

stanton-mug.JPG

Sucks for Taylor but it gives TA much needed playing time before he becomes the undisputed starter next year.
I've been hearing that Stanton might have something to say about that. I hope TA does well though!

The backup has now been the starter for a total of 1 game and next years (gimpy) backup is already the favorite...hahaha - good ol' Nebraska.

• Fire 2

stanton-mug.JPG

I've been hearing that Stanton might have something to say about that. I hope TA does well though!

The backup has now been the starter for a total of 1 game and next years (gimpy) backup is already the favorite...hahaha - good ol' Nebraska.

I was thinking the same thing. You gotta love football fans.

stanton-mug.JPG

I was thinking the same thing. You gotta love football fans.

WE WANT FRANKIE LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Circa 96-97

Sounds like he weather will not be great. Wind might be more of a problem than cold. Interesting to see what we try to do.

With our running game and Illinois' lack thereof, I don't mind a lot of wind.

Hopefully so. But we've seemed out of sync in bad weather when we don't have the full offense available. Iowa last year comes to mind (not that Illinois has Iowa's defense).

stanton-mug.JPG

... or I was just refuting the fact that he will be the "undisputed starter next year," you know, like the post I quoted. Comprehend however you want, though. What's new?

• Fire 1

stanton-mug.JPG

... or I was just refuting the fact that he will be the "undisputed starter next year," you know, like the post I quoted. Comprehend however you want, though. What's new?

no one on this team has the luxury of being deemed "undisputed starter for next year!"

RK3 is no joke boys. After seeing how smooth he looked in the pocket and how crisply he ran the offense, I'm feeling it must speak volumes about the coaches' confidence in Tommy that they are sticking with sending the redshirt freshman out there. We could have something really, really good in Armstrong.

RK3 is a game manager that knows the entire playbook. TA is still learning the full playbook so there is only so much he can do right now. But the difference is that TA has the "it" factor as a leader that TMart and RK3 don't have. He isn't as explosive running the ball as TMart is, but is pretty much better at everything else. He can give you more big plays than RK3, so that is why he is starting.

Armstrong is no where near as deadly of a runner as a 100% Martinez is. Martinez is the fastest QB I have ever seen at Nebraska, and is one of the primary leaders of this team, so I still do think he'll be a loss for us if he continues to be out this year. That being said, I agree with you that Armstrong is a more natural passer and has the ability to run a more balanced offense for us.

It is a very good thing to get TA field experience though.

But we do not know how good a runner Armstrong is at this level yet. Not enough data.

And TMart has not been 100% for well over two years. He was MUCH better a runner as a freshman than at any time since... injury related to be sure... but still...

Any word on how bad TM is injured?

It's turf toe. Nobody really knows a good timeline for recovery. Sometimes it lingers for weeks.

Both ankles are also hurt and those are keeping him out more than the toe is. He can't run at all because his ankles are not stable.

IMO we should've went with Armstrong from the jump. I'm not an anti-Martinez guy but he's supposed to be a running qb and he can't run. Ya Wyo was close but I think with TA starting I don't see us taking the game for granted and still get the W. With a couple starts under his belt TA is probably more effective than a hobbled TM against UCLA. He would also be more ready for conference play, TM could be more ready too with the extra weeks of rest.