Senior Year Curse

With the announcement that Taylor is once again out this week. It occurred to me that we have had an awful lot of bad luck when it comes to our "star" players that we planned to lean on in their senior year. Is there a curse? Do these kids take so much on that it makes them more vulnerable to injury?

Key Players Hurt in Senior Year:

Taylor Martinez - QB - 2013

Rex Burkhead - RB - 2012

Baker Steinkuhler - DT- 2012

Jared Crick - DT - 2011

Alfonso Dennard- DB - 2011

Doug Dubose- RB - 1986?

Matt Herian - 2006

Beau Rudd - 2007

Spencer Long- OL-2013

Jake Long- Te- 2013

Sam Keller- QB 2007

*Zach Lee- 2010- rumor was he was injured and thus unable to play in place of a hurt Martinez

*** Cody Glenn - 2008 - dismissed from team

All I can think of of the top of my list: Add more if you can think of any.

With the announcement that Taylor is once again out this week. It occurred to me that we have had an awful lot of bad luck when it comes to our "star" players that we planned to lean on in their senior year. Is there a curse? Do these kids take so much on that it makes them more vulnerable to injury?

Key Players Hurt in Senior Year:

Taylor Martinez - QB

Rex Burkhead - RB

Baker Steinkuhler - DT

Jared Crick - DT

Alfonso Dennard- DB

All I can think of of the top of my list: Add more if you can think of any.

Dont know that Stein should be on that list. He played 85% of the games, and was pretty solid in all of them considering he had nothing around or behind him.

Dennard was out for a few games but his presence was pretty strong when he did get back, I thought. Until his little tantrum against South Carolina of course.

Off the top of my head i'll say Matt Herian. He was a Junior when he broke his leg against Mizzery but it affected the rest of his career and what should have been a huge Senior season. Up to the injury he was on pace to break records at NE. Honestly think he woulda been very highly drafted and one of the Husker greats if not for the injury.

• 2 weeks later...