Well wishes for Martinez

Junior

If there is a player at Nebraska I'd say Wisconsin doesn't wanna play its Taylor Martinez.

Even with 5 INTs in 3 games?

Too bad, out of those 5 INT's, we didn't have a defense that could prevent them from turning into scores, hell they couldn't stop a regular drive from scoring. To blame those games solely on Martinez is utterly ridiculous.

If there is a player at Nebraska I'd say Wisconsin doesn't wanna play its Taylor Martinez.

Too bad, out of those 5 INT's, we didn't have a defense that could prevent them from turning into scores, hell they couldn't stop a regular drive from scoring. To blame those games solely on Martinez is utterly ridiculous.

Didn't blame the losses solely on Martinez. 5 INTs in 3 games is still tough to overcome.

Three of those INTs were when he was a sophomore. If Kenny doesn't slip on the first one in the CCG it doesn't happen and I don't remember the last one???

Regardless, you can't claim with those numbers that Taylor hasn't given Wisconsin fits.

He was absolutely instrumental in the comeback against Wisconsin.

Three of those INTs were when he was a sophomore. If Kenny doesn't slip on the first one in the CCG it doesn't happen and I don't remember the last one???

Regardless, you can't claim with those numbers that Taylor hasn't given Wisconsin fits.

I have no problem saying Martinez has given Wisky....and other teams......fits. My perspective is for us to take the next step, perhaps especially in "big" games, the turnovers have to stop......and Martinez has consistently struggled in that statistical category.

Didn't blame the losses solely on Martinez. 5 INTs in 3 games is still tough to overcome.

One of those ints was a gift by Bell. Absolute freak play that squirted through his hands and into the arms of the defender.

There are some examples of plays in each of the above games that TA would not make that Taylor would.

Like I said, we've recruited the QB spot very well and our future is bright there. I think TA has a great shot to be better than Taylor is now. But Taylor Martinez is the best option at QB.

I've just refuted your points with video evidence.

Every single one of Martinez's runs was something Armstrong couldn't have done. In those situations, Armstrong is getting a first down and moving the chains, but he's not getting a TD or even close.

Martinez's problems passing are more his footwork and his body placement over the actual arm motion. He fixed a lot of that last year, but still got in trouble a times.

I like Armstrong a lot, but he threw high on a lot of passes on Saturday, and it wasn't because of the wind. He's going to start against Purdue, but Martinez is going to come back against Minnesota to shake some rust off and get ready for Northwestern.

• Fire 3

I have no problem saying Martinez has given Wisky....and other teams......fits. My perspective is for us to take the next step, perhaps especially in "big" games, the turnovers have to stop......and Martinez has consistently struggled in that statistical category.

I am in 100% agreement there. We often forget he threw a pic-6 early in tOSU game. Who knows what happens if we have them down 17 to nothing?

I really think that TA is going to be special like I've said this whole thread. I see a lot of EJ Manuel in him. The way to describe his game is simply one word: smooth.

I feel we will drastically hamper his development if we throw him in every game this year. He should play against Purdue and get a lot of second half snaps against Minnesota. But when we play NW, I want TM starting at QB.

One of those ints was a gift by Bell. Absolute freak play that squirted through his hands and into the arms of the defender.

There are some examples of plays in each of the above games that TA would not make that Taylor would.

Like I said, we've recruited the QB spot very well and our future is bright there. I think TA has a great shot to be better than Taylor is now. But Taylor Martinez is the best option at QB.

Every single one of Martinez's runs was something Armstrong couldn't have done. In those situations, Armstrong is getting a first down and moving the chains, but he's not getting a TD or even close.

Martinez's problems passing are more his footwork and his body placement over the actual arm motion. He fixed a lot of that last year, but still got in trouble a times.

I like Armstrong a lot, but he threw high on a lot of passes on Saturday, and it wasn't because of the wind. He's going to start against Purdue, but Martinez is going to come back against Minnesota to shake some rust off and get ready for Northwestern.

+1

I am in 100% agreement there. We often forget he threw a pic-6 early in tOSU game. Who knows what happens if we have them down 17 to nothing?

I really think that TA is going to be special like I've said this whole thread. I see a lot of EJ Manuel in him. The way to describe his game is simply one word: smooth.

I feel we will drastically hamper his development if we throw him in every game this year. He should play against Purdue and get a lot of second half snaps against Minnesota. But when we play NW, I want TM starting at QB.

I hope we see Martinez and Armstrong in the Minnesota game, as I will be there :D

I agree. I just hope the that if Martinez does struggle badly against Northwestern, that the staff will try Armstrong as a second option and not just in the 4th quarter as a too little too late response. Martinez will need to be 100% against them.

Maybe it's just word choice that I'm having issues with but let me reiterate, Taylor did not give Wisconsin "fits".

Lets look at the game record:

- Game 3: One big rushing play for 76 yards in the first quarter and ~40 throwaway yards in the fourth quarter when Wisconsin had already won handily. He got himself sacked six times, threw two interceptions and fumbled twice losing one of them. Wisconsin won by 39 points.

- Game 2: Same as game three, rushing yards came in two big chunks: 20 & 38 yards, ho hum...fumbled three times. Did he take part in the comeback? Sure. Was he instrumental in it? For one drive yes, Ameer for another and Rex/Ameer for the third and after all of that he didn't even win the game, your kicker did...all of this was at home, at night, with the Huskers coming off back-to-back huge wins over no-names and Nebraska won by a whopping 3 points.

- Game 1: He chugged along in little ~5 yard chunks for 61 Yards and a TD. Just another running back really. Threw three INTs. Wisconsin won by 31 points.

Taylor is the one player at Nebraska that Wisconsin doesn't want to face? I don't know, I guess, he also helped us out a lot too. If I had to pick a player I suppose it'd be Taylor as he's one of the few I can name but nothing Nebraska has done has really been worthy of inspiring fear in the Badgers and none of the Huskers have given us "fits". Let's be honest here; Wisconsin blew Neb. out twice and nearly won a third on the road, at night, in a game where we were supposed to lose by two scores, after losing half our coaching staff and starting a freshman QB along with 10 other new starters. If you think that with that kind of record you can talk up any NU player as some kind of Badger-kryptonite then I guess we just can't have a rational discussion.

Anyhow, I'll give you an example of a player giving a team "fits":

Montee Ball vs. Nebraska: ~450 yards, 10 TDs.

...or maybe I should talk about Russell Wilson or our entire stable of Running Backs that murdered Nebraska in the '12 B1G-CG.

There's only one player in the B1G that I really don't like playing and that's Braxton Miller.

Miller vs. UW: 34/55, 384 yards, 5 TDs no INTs, 230 yards rushing, 2 TDs. 3-0 vs. Wisconsin.

I feel like some of you are blaming too much on Taylor while some of you are giving him too much credit.

• Fire 6