**** What Did We Learn ****

a) one of the D's biggest problems is making the inital tackle at the line of scrimmage

b) most complete game this year

c) running the ball with three quality RB's wins ball games

d) the back up QB's are good enough that T-mart could rest until after the bye week (which might be the best thing)

Defense clearly getting better. Attacking a bit more. The defensive line was unleashed a lot this game and for me that was huge! You could see it paid huge dividends at times. There were a lot of plays made in the backfield and also a few more that could have been made. Either way, I really liked what we saw from this team today.

• Fire 1

Defense clearly getting better. Attacking a bit more. The defensive line was unleashed a lot this game and for me that was huge! You could see it paid huge dividends at times. There were a lot of plays made in the backfield and also a few more that could have been made. Either way, I really liked what we saw from this team today.

Yeah the defense did appear to be progressing. It's encouraging to see. Just need to quit with the mental mistakes

1. Illinois was averaging 40 ppg...our D played well.

2. Our D is very good a taking the ball away. Hell of a strip by Cooper.

3. Afalava played VERY well after Bo ripped into him. He is a player. Michael Rose also played a good game. And Santos was serviceable.

4. IMO Gerry and Bando have hit the Frosh slump....Afalava, Santos, Rose, and Zaire (didn't play today due to ankle) are playing better.

5. Ameer is the best RB. Period. The oline/TE/FB and WR's controlled the edge all day.

6. TA had a good game against his first D-I team.

7. Secondary played very good! JRose is a good coverage guy but his run defense needs some work. Andrew Green stepped up and played very well. Leroy wasn't ready for the BIG10 run game, but was his first game. No Charles Jackson still.

8. D-Line played decent. Much better day by Ankrah, Thad is still Thad.

I learned that when Husker fans say its not losing that bothers me, its the way we lose, its a big crock of sh#t. Unless this team plays an absolutely perfect game, no turnovers, no penalties, less than 200 yards of total offense given up and offense scoring at least 50 points, a lot of people will never be happy. And when we do play well, its because the other team sucks...

Good game defense. You're going to give up points, its football. But when we needed big stops you provided them.

• Fire 7

I learned that when Husker fans say its not losing that bothers me, its the way we lose, its a big crock of sh#t. Unless this team plays an absolutely perfect game, no turnovers, no penalties, less than 200 yards of total offense given up and offense scoring at least 50 points, a lot of people will never be happy. And when we do play well, its because the other team sucks...

Good game defense. You're going to give up points, its football. But when we needed big stops you provided them.

The defense is opportunistic, so they have that going for them.... A lot of bending today, but to their credit, not much breaking....