Bo and Paps

Bo's the idiot who chose him in the first place. He should look in the mirror and yell at himself.

you want coordinators that make you look better, not worse. i think bo is tired of being embarrassed by stuff like we saw today. just bad mistakes that are inexcusable.

Definitely. I'm still dumbfounded at the choice is all. Just because you've worked with a guy and are friend's with him doesn't mean he's ready to oversee a defense at a program like Nebraska. Youngest defensive coordinator in the country and boy does it show.

Most telling portion to me was every defensive huddle shown. Bo was in the center talking. Paps was standing behind him looking around. Most evident when Afalava made that big stop early in the game after the time out. Wasn't like that vs UCLA.

Saw Bo one time during time out (or O was on field) grab a marker and start writing on the dry erase board. Another saw what appeared to be Bo saying, " I am f'in sick of your BS". Seems Bo is tired of the same stuff week in and week out

Most telling portion to me was every defensive huddle shown. Bo was in the center talking. Paps was standing behind him looking around. Most evident when Afalava made that big stop early in the game after the time out. Wasn't like that vs UCLA.

Saw Bo one time during time out (or O was on field) grab a marker and start writing on the dry erase board. Another saw what appeared to be Bo saying, " I am f'in sick of your BS". Seems Bo is tired of the same stuff week in and week out

then why doesn't Bo do something about it then if he is so tired of it? Bo has only himself to blame.

i like bo and am becoming a stronger bo-liever again. i think what we are seeing is the mistakes of a first time head coach (made all the harder being that it is at NU). just like with recruiting, i think bo overestimated his abilities and thought he could just bring in baby coordinators and be fine. i like beck, but pap was a bad call. clearly not ready for his role on this team. bo may be a defensive mastermind, but to be a competent head coach, he needs a competent defensive coordinator to help him out and get his defense working. i think he is figuring that out just as he figured out he needed to fix recruiting.

the reason i said i am becoming a stronger bo-liever again is because i think he is still learning and we have not yet seen his potential as head coach here. as i have always said, for a myriad of reasons, our best investment is not opening a checkbook to anyone and everyone, but to invest more time in bo.

gbr.

not sure who actually calls the plays but I think JP was calling the plays early in the game and sometime early in the 2nd quarter after that I think Bo started to call the plays and seemed like our defense was bringing a lot more pressure with blitzes. I think bringing pressure and blitzes will help our defense.

not sure who actually calls the plays but I think JP was calling the plays early in the game and sometime early in the 2nd quarter after that I think Bo started to call the plays and seemed like our defense was bringing a lot more pressure with blitzes. I think bringing pressure and blitzes will help our defense.

Almost positive Bo calls the plays, but the way Papuchis has been getting his ass chewed I would imagine he is in charge of substitutions, and such....