Martinez v. Armstrong

I'm starting to buy into Mr. Accountablility's theory that Taylor has been benched permanently , and the walking boot is to save face.

I'm not sure Bo is smart enough to come up with something like this though.

Plus, Bo likes to win football games. That's a good football team out there. They just need to execute, and the rest is all fixable.

I was kidding, but it's an interesting take. And I don't think Accountability came out and said it like that, but it was implied a couple times.

I do think it's telling that Bo insists he won't play Taylor until he's 100%. It tells us that he doesn't think a 95% Martinez is a better option than Tommy Armstrong, and it's interesting to note Armstrong is still dealing with his knee issue.

Bo has never had much of a problem playing an injured Martinez before. You can't tell me Taylor was 100% through the first 3 games. I think the timing of his decision is interesting. Just in time for a 6 week lull in the schedule to break in a new QB.

I believe the turf toe injury. But prior to that coming to surface, I thought he got injured during the WYO game when he got body slammed and came up clutching his collar bone area. Could be a combo of injuries, soreness and pain. Maybe they knew he was hurting going into the UCLA game, but did not know to what extent. They needed Taylor and he wanted to play against them. I don't think they relay an upper body bruise/injury because defenses would be instructed to hit him hard. And against UCLA, he did his best to run out of bounds as much as possible when he did run. But that's just my speculation conspiracy theory : ) Because he did throw some good passes too.

I don't know if people are trying to really diminish TA. I've loved what I've seen from TA, but the truth of the matter is he's played two very bad defenses and hasn't really been tested. We know what we've got with TM in crunch time, and for his mistakes, this guy piloted several comebacks last year and everything we hear from the team is that TM is viewed as their leader.

And in an observation from Sam McKewon, he said TA runs the offense a lot to his right side, whether that's making big plays on the right side of the field, optioning to the right side of the field, etc. He also pointed out there were a couple of big plays that, due to experience, TM would have been more likely to make over TA.

Like I said, I see very few people diminishing what TA is doing. What I think you've got is a lot of skeptical people that want to see the team do well but, again, are skeptical of TA until he proves himself against a worthy opponent. And I don't think that's being too over-the-top or asking too much of the guy. He came to Nebraska to play, and win, big games. That's ultimately how every player gets judged, fair or not. So, all I say is, lets just temper what we believe he can or can't do until he actually does or doesn't do it.

It doesnt matter if you are playing against SDSU, Illinois, Lincoln High SChool or on air- when it comes to evaluating Fundamentals and base Execution

Execution and Fundamentals are Execution and Fundamentals- TAs Execution and Fundamentals are very sound

Smooth operator

Through two gamrs yes hes been smooth. Get him in the Big House or even @ Purdue and I think we see more of what he needs to learn/work on. Its different in a hostile/unffamiliar environment. This guy hasnt even been to an away game as a benchwarmer. If he plays @Purdue and lights it up just as well I'll be impressed but we must remember it is just Purdue.

Every situation is different. Therefore every evaluation can have varying results. While execution and base knowledge will stay roughly the same, you cant ignore decision making changing in a different atmosphere or base process being affeced when a blitz heavy team comes into town. Facts are only facts after the fact. Data cant be gathered pre-game.

Dev

I DONT care if I have support from others. Truth and facts are facts

Pooled ignorance doesnt matter one iota to me

Im done responding to those who don't have a clue- or the creepy stalkers. Im very happily married, go bark up another tree

Yes but truth is relative to the person speaking it in your case. The only ignorance pool is the one you're wading in.

Absolute truth is something you have not grasped yet. Perspective and opinion is something you have firmly held onto throughout most of your comments here. BTW, acknowledging someone's point goes a long way to solidify your position as someone who knows how to talk football.

I'm very glad you have a great marriage...but if you treated your wife the way you treat everyone here, you'd be happily divorced in my opinion. Communication is a two way street...it isn't just one persons opinion always being stated as fact and all others are ignorant or not true fans.

It's sad really that you don't get this because every once in a while, you actually post a pretty decent comment. Then you go off and belittle consenting opinions and it all goes into the toilet.

This is getting way too personal, folks. Both of you need to not be doing this. Talk football, don't talk about the guy you're talking football with. Nobody is ignorant, nobody's wife needs to be brought into this.

• Fire 1

Through two gamrs yes hes been smooth. Get him in the Big House or even @ Purdue and I think we see more of what he needs to learn/work on. Its different in a hostile/unffamiliar environment. This guy hasnt even been to an away game as a benchwarmer. If he plays @Purdue and lights it up just as well I'll be impressed but we must remember it is just Purdue.

I remember when Gilbert came in after McCoy got hurt in the NC game and almost brought Texas back. He was lauded the next best thing. When the team was his team the following year, he stunk up the place. We may very well not know exactly how good or otherwise Armstrong is until it's his team to run.

It doesnt matter if you are playing against SDSU, Illinois, Lincoln High SChool or on air- when it comes to evaluating Fundamentals and base Execution

Execution and Fundamentals are Execution and Fundamentals- TAs Execution and Fundamentals are very sound

Smooth operator

It absolutely does matter. As 1995 said, it is a lot easier to have good fundamentals and make good reads when you have a nice clean pocket with no pressure - plus your receivers are going against lesser CBs so they can get open a lot easier.

None of that is to say that TA can't do that now or won't be able to down the road but he hasn't had to yet so we don't know. I really don't know how you can say that the level of competition doesn't matter.

How a player orients his shoulders when he throws- doesnt matter if he is on air or playing against the 49rs

I could list dozens of other basic fundamentals that have nothing to do with if you have a great defense or not across from you

In the ELite QB camps, QBs are evaluated on BASIC FUNDAMENTALS

If memory serves me correctly, Gilbert was lights out in QB camps. He was a highly touted recruit, but at the end of the day it didn't matter. There's a reason only Nebraska and Notre Dumb recruited Frazier for QB. His resume speaks for itself. Until Armstrong plays lights out in bigger games like Northwestern and Michigan, I'll reserve my right to judge him.