Martinez v. Armstrong

Did you guys think the WRs had a worse game today than they typically have? They drop passes from Taylor, too. I wouldn't pin this poor passing performance on the WRs.

Drop passes happen sometimes with every team in every game. So do misthrows.

We saw some bad drops today, but we also saw some overthrows from TA and a few flat out miscommunications. So it's a bit of everything, but undoubtedly TA had a poor outing.

Got to like his resiliency though. Not once did he look down or lost out there, and he came back from either his 2nd or 3rd pick to make a great move in the pocket and throw a perfect ball down the field....which unfortunately was dropped.

Not enough loft on his deep balls? Where does this come from? Kriest, the damn things are rainbows as it is. I guess I just dont understand how frickin high the guy is supposed to put it.

As far as the WR's goes, I wouldnt say the whole group, but Enunwa dropped to long td passes as well as a slant that ended up as one of the picks.. 3 plays that I would expect Quincy moreso than ANYONE to make. So, yes, I am willing so say that Quincy struggled some today.

Damn, I'm really having a hard time finding negatives in this win for the first road game.

So....who still want TA over Magic? I believe Armstrong has more INTs than Martinez. Gimme Taylor back. Experience please.

Armstrong does have more INTs this season than Martinez, from this game alone. I still think Armstrong may have a better pocket presence and doesn't seem to fumble on contact. It may have been because of his injury, but the Wyoming and UCLA games did not look like we had a 4 year starter behind center.

From Tommy's great start against SDSU, I told everyone I was not sold on TA, until he faces a decent defense. Well, we didn't really face a decent defense today, and his youth showed. I am still not sold on him, but I do trust him and RKIII to win us the game, if that makes any sense.

Had the defense not improved the way they have, and we played like we did in the first 3 games, I think we all would have been pooping our pants for all 4 quarters.

I hate you so much that I've given you umpteen bogus warnings and banned you from the site. :rolleyes:

No, I don't "don't like you," I have nothing at all against you. It's just that we have these rules, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to be followed. So please just work with me on this, mmkay?

how dare anyone speak ill of jmfb! that guy knows his stuff, he has all the time in the world to dissect film, analyze QB mechanics, formulate defensive packages, and he can tell the future! why he knows what taylor martinez will do every play! how he is not on the coaching staff, it is a shame he is on his couch coated in dorito dust, such talent wasted.

Just hope he's not on an opposing coaching staff. chuckleshuffle