Shhh gesture to home crowd

JTrain

You guys can't be serious. This gesture is used on all levels. It's not against the fans. Really? I've seen this multiple times in the pros. He's not insulting the fans. Good grief.

Jesus TFing Christ...I think you completely missed the facetious tone of the posts here, bub.

I don't think anyone here actually thought Bell was doing anything worthy of a penalty (again) or displaying a message to antagonize the fans.

Plus, when I watched the replay, there were a number of cheerleaders that had made it over to that end zone--the gesture was now obviously directed towards them, as I'm sure Bell didn't want those ladies talking about his 'magic hands' and letting that secret out amongst the co-eds.

The poor boy would have to beat the co-eds off with a stick if the word got out...and he'd probably be too exhausted to play next week at Purdue.

On the post game call in show on KFAB a fan said they had no idea why KB was flagged because they couldn't see what he did! It was a LAMO call. Last night when an Ohio State guy made a TD his display was much more flamboyant than KB's! Good grief! Let these kids have some fun! Making an incredible catch like the one KB had yesterday on national television is a huge deal especially to family and friends. It's one thing to taunt the other team after a TD but to celebrate your accomplishment is natural. Lighten up Refs!!

I don't know, matthew. I got the impression that at least a few people were serious in this thread.

Are these the same people who are pissed that we won because loss meant people could storm the AD office with pitchforks and torches and demand that a sacrifice be made?

I think mainly everyone has made a joke of this but I'm not gonna lie, I just watched it again and I can't help but say how stupid that looked. I'm sorry, shushing your home crowd? I don't put any extra meaning on it other than it was dumb. Now shushing the crowd in an away game...yes. Shushing the home crowd? It just looked stupid.

The really ironic thing is that KB only made the shhhhhh gesture, to nobody in particular, and got flagged for it. He could've gestured to stroke his big boner, flashed a vag sign, and rode off with two birds a blazin and the penalty would've been the same (unless it happened in an $EC game- then kids will be kids). Why do we attract the reffing squads that seem to be the sheltered bookworms of the college football world?

I'm more worried about the officiating that comes with judgement calls on "unnecessary roughness" than this drivel. Kenny can easily control what he does after a touchdown. I'm more worried about linebackers and defensive backs getting flagged once the ball carriers learn that the fine art of the flop will get them an automatic fifteen yards with all of the passification* being mandated by the NCAA.

*slightly misspelled.

Perhaps the most homosexual comment I've read here on Huskerboard^.

And that's saying something because I've read a lot of Rolling Rocks comments.

Maybe you've read TOO MANY of RR's comments, or have other unresolved issues, if you felt that was homosexual in any way, shape, or form. Just sayin. I was going for crude, not homo.

Perhaps the most homosexual comment I've read here on Huskerboard^.

And that's saying something because I've read a lot of Rolling Rocks comments.

Maybe you've read TOO MANY of RR's comments, or have other unresolved issues, if you felt that was homosexual in any way, shape, or form. Just sayin. I was going for crude, not homo.

Hahaha.....i was stroking my big boner when I typed that....sorry.

this has to be one of the dumbest threads on huskerboard. people are honestly nit-picking a celebratory gesture this much? it this was just about how stupid the refs were for flagging it, i get that. but to be so critical of a rather innocuous gesture in a moment of elated emotion? jeeze.