Shhh gesture to home crowd

JTrain

I thought he was shuushing the crowd as in, keep it down cuz Illinois still doesn't know what happened. No matter what his thoughts, one of the most ridiculus penalties I've seen. Let the kids have a little fun. It's not like he was taunting the other team or any specific player.

The problem is, after Bell shushed the crowd, some of the Blue Hairs thought he was being serious and went back to their crocheting and needlepoint.

It's obvious that Kenny Bell can't communicate effectively with the blue hairs and thus must hate them immensely.

• Fire 2

You guys can't be serious. This gesture is used on all levels. It's not against the fans. Really? I've seen this multiple times in the pros. He's not insulting the fans. Good grief.

You've seen this multiple times by a home team player? I don't think I've ever seen this.

That's pretty much the point. You see from guys how many times on the road, but Kenny does it to his home crown and leave it to Big10 officials to find the need to actually penalize this one.

Jeebus, I thought people were being facetious but apparently some actually think KB was dissing the fans. If you find yourself in this group, you're wrong and should go out and play on a dark highway.

no kidding. bell was not trying to make a statement. if he was, it was "that was effing awesome". not, "go eff yourselves".

i imagine those who think this was some slight at the fans are the same fans that were personally offended by bo's statements.