Coach Osborne to be on playoff selection committee!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/rutgers-makes-b1g-gender-history-with-athletic-director-hire/

Of the 124 schools that played FBS football in 2012, just five of them had females in charge of their athletic departments; just two of those female athletic directors — Maryland’s Debbie Yow, Cal’s Sandy Barbour — were from so-called automatic qualifying conferences.

You could of had someone like Julie Hermann or the other two active women ADs, at least they know sports and work with them daily.

http://collegefootba...-director-hire/

Of the 124 schools that played FBS football in 2012, just five of them had females in charge of their athletic departments; just two of those female athletic directors — Maryland's Debbie Yow, Cal's Sandy Barbour — were from so-called automatic qualifying conferences.

You could of had someone like Julie Hermann or the other two active women ADs, at least they know sports and work with them daily.

Are we always required to have X number of women/minorities in every thing?

Good. 2 NU grads in there

I only see one.

Alvarez (undergrad)

Osborne (graduate and doctorate degrees)

I was only counting Alvarez. I know Osborne has graduate and doctorate degrees at NU, but most people associate him with being a Hastings College undergrad. I associate myself with my undergrad university, rather than my post-graduate school.

He will be the only honest one in the bunch!

Aren't there a few examples out there of Coach Ozzy hosing some teams in his polls? Colorado only getting a share of the national title comes to mind. I think there are a few other examples as well.

Maybe so. But TO also coached against both them National Title teams that exact season. It's possible he thought Georgia Tech really was the better team.

Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long has been named the first chairman of the College Football Playoff selection committee.

A news conference will be held Wednesday in Dallas to announce the committee's members.

Of course it is in Dallas. Do you think Texas would have it any other way.

ESPN and The Associated Press have identified the other 12 members of the committee as:

• Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez - Good seletion

• Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Gould, a former Air Force Academy superintendent - Must have not been essential personnel. Hope he knows the furlough party is over.

• USC athletic director Pat Haden - Cheater U in the house.

• Former NCAA executive vice president Tom Jernstedt - Guess they needed someone to do nothing.

• West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck - Could have been worse. like DeLoss Dodds.

• Former NFL and Ole Miss quarterback Archie Manning - Great Selection

• Former Nebraska coach/athletic director Tom Osborne - Great Selection

• Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich - Good Selection.

• Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice - Really, wait your serious. Was Oprah busy with her failing network.

• Former Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese - It hard to look bad when your name is under Condoleezza Rice in a Football selection committee.

• Former USA Today reporter Steve Wieberg - A former reporter, kinda at the bottem of the barrel.

• Former Stanford/Notre Dame/Washington coach Tyrone Willingham - Guess they needed some one to tell Tom about losing seasons.