Johnny Stanton QB

Armstrong may have an upper hand in experience on Stanton, but from what I have heard, Armstrong is going to have more than a handful having that #1 spot with his name on it. If anything, I hope we see them both next year getting quality time. Nothing like we are doing with TA and RKIII, but use the 2nd stringer if #1 guy isn't playing well. All I know, is we will be hearing about one hell of a QB battle come spring.

We'd definitely pull Stanton's redshirt before going to JT. If the game means that much, we'd go with someone who's actually used to running the offense, calling the plays, making adjustments, etc. I love JT but he's totally unprepared to play QB at this point.

Not trying to be argumentative, but wouldn't JT know the playbook as good, if not better than someone who hasn't been here for a year? I mean he does have 3 years playing under the same offense. I would also think that Stanton would be totally unprepared at this point as well. I strongly believe we would run Turner at QB, and/or run the wildcat before ruining a whole year's worth of eligibility for a few games. Bo looks out for these kids futures as well, and as good as our OL has been, I am sure we can run the ball with almost anyone in the backfield.

IF all of our QB's were to go down, I wouldn't mind seeing Cross, Newby and Abdullah in the backfield on a wildcat ;)

We'd definitely pull Stanton's redshirt before going to JT. If the game means that much, we'd go with someone who's actually used to running the offense, calling the plays, making adjustments, etc. I love JT but he's totally unprepared to play QB at this point.

Not trying to be argumentative, but wouldn't JT know the playbook as good, if not better than someone who hasn't been here for a year? I mean he does have 3 years playing under the same offense. I would also think that Stanton would be totally unprepared at this point as well. I strongly believe we would run Turner at QB, and/or run the wildcat before ruining a whole year's worth of eligibility for a few games. Bo looks out for these kids futures as well, and as good as our OL has been, I am sure we can run the ball with almost anyone in the backfield.

IF all of our QB's were to go down, I wouldn't mind seeing Cross, Newby and Abdullah in the backfield on a wildcat ;)

I'm not sure if he would or not. He would know the plays in general and know his routes/blocking assignments. But that's a long ways from knowing blocking assignments on the and combinations for all routes, to say nothing of mesh points and reads in the running game and making checks at the line.

As I said, if it was a game we were desperate to win - basically the CCG for this year - I think we'd go JSIV. Anything less than that and we'd go with Fyfe and Brockmeier and pound the rock. And if we out our top six QBs, we're the most unlucky team in college football.

I'm not sure if he would or not. He would know the plays in general and know his routes/blocking assignments. But that's a long ways from knowing blocking assignments on the and combinations for all routes, to say nothing of mesh points and reads in the running game and making checks at the line.

As I said, if it was a game we were desperate to win - basically the CCG for this year - I think we'd go JSIV. Anything less than that and we'd go with Fyfe and Brockmeier and pound the rock. And if we out our top six QBs, we're the most unlucky team in college football.

We would be the Iowa Cockeyes with their RB's lol, with the exception of this year of course.

How is he doing? Will he be able to successfully compete with Armstrong? If Armstrong goes down and TM is still hobbled, will he get a chance to play?

Are you kidding WAHUSKER. Sounds like this guy wants Stanton to play right now.

You need to pay closer attention when you read these threads. That was not the intent of this tread, at all. I asked a very viable question as to the depth of our QB situation. We have three credible QBs at the moment. One, Martinez, is hurt and no one knows the extent of his injury or his prognosis. He is still walking around in a boot. If one or the other two get hurt, or both get hurt, what then? Who steps up? I doubt seriously that there is someone better in the fold other than Stanton. I did not say he needs to play now. So, just to clarify for you, do you think Stanton would get the nod?

I'm not sold on Stanton the way most people in this thread seem to be. I remember watching that Elite 11 competition. He ended up being ranked 8th and his long ball was shaky at best. I remember him being the only one throwing picks, several of them on longer routes and when he was off he was definitely 'off'. Everyone did well on their short to intermediate passes.

Certainly a raw talent but I'll definitely wait on anointing him unlike a lot of others.

I'm not sold on Stanton the way most people in this thread seem to be. I remember watching that Elite 11 competition. He ended up being ranked 8th and his long ball was shaky at best. I remember him being the only one throwing picks, several of them on longer routes. Everyone did well on the short to intermediate passes.

Certainly a raw talent but I'll definitely wait on anointing him unlike a lot of others.

It was absolutely okay to anoint TA as the savior after we beat SDSU though yeah?

I'm not sold on Stanton the way most people in this thread seem to be. I remember watching that Elite 11 competition. He ended up being ranked 8th and his long ball was shaky at best. I remember him being the only one throwing picks, several of them on longer routes. Everyone did well on the short to intermediate passes.

It was absolutely okay to anoint TA as the savior after we beat SDSU though yeah?

I would have no idea since I wasn't one of those people......

I'll take RKIII.

I'll take RKIII.

I have never thought that Taylor wasn't our beat option at QB this whole year and I think Stanton is going to give Tommy all he can handle this winter. Really good spot with QBs this year.

I'll take RKIII.

I have never thought that Taylor wasn't our beat option at QB this whole year and I think Stanton is going to give Tommy all he can handle this winter. Really good spot with QBs this year.

Yeah it's going to be a battle between those two that's for sure. My gut tells me Stanton is more Pelini's style. Who know's. Maybe we'll actually see two quarterbacks next year. Should be interesting.

I'll take RKIII.

Yeah it's going to be a battle between those two that's for sure. My gut tells me Stanton is more Pelini's style. Who know's. Maybe we'll actually see two quarterbacks next year. Should be interesting.

Can't remember what thread I posted it in, but I could definitely see us using Stanton like Florida used Tebow his Freshman year and OU used Blake Bell up until this year.

I'll take RKIII.

He was ranked #1 after 2 days of that competition. #1. Top dog. The only reason he didnt hang on to it is because he left to go compete with his high school teammates in some sort of leauge 7 on 7 type of deal. You know, gave up individual spotlight to play with guys that really matter to him. That's all I need to know. He's the real deal. Redshirting him makes him even better.