Johnny Stanton QB

I'm not sold on Stanton the way most people in this thread seem to be. I remember watching that Elite 11 competition. He ended up being ranked 8th and his long ball was shaky at best. I remember him being the only one throwing picks, several of them on longer routes. Everyone did well on the short to intermediate passes.

Certainly a raw talent but I'll definitely wait on anointing him unlike a lot of others.

It was absolutely okay to anoint TA as the savior after we beat SDSU though yeah?

I would have no idea since I wasn't one of those people......

I'll take RKIII.

He was ranked #1 after 2 days of that competition. #1. Top dog. The only reason he didnt hang on to it is because he left to go compete with his high school teammates in some sort of leauge 7 on 7 type of deal. You know, gave up individual spotlight to play with guys that really matter to him. That's all I need to know. He's the real deal. Redshirting him makes him even better.

I actually watched the competition. He ended up being ranked 8th out of 11 so nowhere close to being the 'top dog' but regardless of that I saw with my own two eyes some of the picks he was throwing. They weren't pretty. He's raw. From what I've seen he looks like a very tough runner but I learned a long time ago that until they're on the field playing in actual games you won't know the truth of how someone, anyone is going to respond regardless of their 'ranking'.

http://www.cornnation.com/2012/7/21/3174978/johnny-stanton-impressing-at-the-elite-11-quarterback-finals

The above shows he was ranked number one going into the second to last day.

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/huskers/recruiting/2013-football-recruits/video-johnny-stanton-elite-profile/youtube_d02512b8-1070-5bf0-8f94-c1eed3d33fbe.html?mobile_touch=true

The player Trent Dilfer is talking about in the above video could be what he's talking about.

So, a guy gets invited to a camp only 11 others are invited to, misses a few days which dropped him from number one, finishes 8th and he's not a good QB?

http://www.cornnation.com/2012/7/21/3174978/johnny-stanton-impressing-at-the-elite-11-quarterback-finals

The above shows he was ranked number one going into the second to last day.

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/huskers/recruiting/2013-football-recruits/video-johnny-stanton-elite-profile/youtube_d02512b8-1070-5bf0-8f94-c1eed3d33fbe.html?mobile_touch=true

The player Trent Dilfer is talking about in the above video could be what he's talking about.

So, a guy gets invited to a camp only 11 others are invited to, misses a few days which dropped him from number one, finishes 8th and he's not a good QB?

Who said he wasn't a good QB? Anyway again you guys or whomever can anoint him as the next great Husker QB all you want. Go right ahead. Myself? I'll wait until he plays to do anything like that in his case at least. For now I can tell you the guy is definitely a better runner than passer and as I mentioned before I wouldn't be surprised if Pelini ended up going the Stanton route due to his style. From what I saw he's definitely raw especially when it comes to throwing the football.

I actually watched the competition. He ended up being ranked 8th out of 11 so nowhere close to being the 'top dog' but regardless of that I saw with my own two eyes some of the picks he was throwing. They weren't pretty. He's raw. From what I've seen he looks like a very tough runner but I learned a long time ago that until they're on the field playing in actual games you won't know the truth of how someone, anyone is going to respond regardless of their 'ranking'.

I actually watched it too. The fact that they said he was 'raw' and he was in first place after 2 days of competition is telling.

He wasn't going to compete the third day because he had a previous commitment. However, he hurried back and tried to make a go of it. In doing so, he didn't warm up, he didn't compete all day like the other guys and he was graded out in the last competition without doing any of these.

He was top dog the first 2 days of a 3 day competition. Surprised EVERYONE there.

What show were you watching again?

Ya, before Stanton left to play for his team in the 7-on-7 tourney he was not only in the top 11 but was a top-rated guy. Leaving the camp not only put him behind but didn't win him any popularity contests with Dilfer. If Stanton was there the whole time he'd have been one of the top-rated guys.

Not to quibble but I think there were actually about 20 guys, and they choose the Elite 11. Makes your point even a little better as he was still ahead of quite a few guys, not just three.