Johnny Stanton QB

Anyone have a progress report? Is he healed up? Is he practicing?

Been at full health and practicing all fall camp.

How is he doing? Will he be able to successfully compete with Armstrong? If Armstrong goes down and TM is still hobbled, will he get a chance to play?

Heard he throws a nice ball. And no he will not play this year. He will RS. Kellog will play if Armstrong and TM go down

How is he doing? Will he be able to successfully compete with Armstrong? If Armstrong goes down and TM is still hobbled, will he get a chance to play?

Heard he throws a nice ball. And no he will not play this year. He will RS. Kellog will play if Armstrong and TM go down

Still need another QB! It gets pretty thin if we have two of the top three out.

Injuries to that extent aren't something we are thinking about right now. Taylor could play at 80% just like he did the first 3 games.

Injuries to that extent aren't something we are thinking about right now. Taylor could play at 80% just like he did the first 3 games.

Exactly or he will play 40% like he did from the end of his freshman year to the end of his sophomore year. I think Taylor would play and put his career on the line, before making a kid ruin a year of eligibility for a couple games. Besides, I think we would be perfectly fine with RKIII if TA was to go down as well, and TM was still injured. I personally don't want to see Stanton on the field at all, even if the worst of the worst were to happen. I think I would rather see Turner converted back to QB before that happened and run a lot of wildcat.

I am sure Stanton will be fully healthy for Spring practice. I have heard the biggest adjustment for him was going to be learning the offense. His high school offense ran from the same formation every play. Plus, he had D-1 talent all around him, so he had plenty of help. That is not a knock on Stanton, it's just something he will have to adjust to at this level. I think he is a bigger, more powerful runner than TA, but may not be as good of a passer.

K let's burn his redshirt.