Johnny Stanton QB

I am sure Stanton will be fully healthy for Spring practice. I have heard the biggest adjustment for him was going to be learning the offense. His high school offense ran from the same formation every play. Plus, he had D-1 talent all around him, so he had plenty of help. That is not a knock on Stanton, it's just something he will have to adjust to at this level. I think he is a bigger, more powerful runner than TA, but may not be as good of a passer.

Just remember that he went to the elite 11 QB Competition...with QB's like Penn State's starter Christian Hackenburg...and he was ranked #1 to everyone's surprise after the first 2 days. He had a previous engagement and did not compete for third day so he did not hold on to number 1.

He's a competitor and he still has major upside. He'll be ready to go next year and will push hard.

I wasn't trying to say that Stanton was any good. I know he is very talented, and it will be nice to have 2 talented, young kids battling for the #1 spot.

I wonder if people are wondering about Stanton, just because Armstrong had a bad game against Purdue.

Stantons name shouldn't even be brought up for playing this season. He will get his shot next year. People already trying to throw TA under the bus after 3 games.. LOL way to go HUSKER NATION.

why do husker fans need to try to attack fellow husker fans? no one was saying stanton should be playing this year. they were wondering if the massive injury bug bites us if he was healthy enough to play if his redshirt was pulled.

• Fire 1

Stantons name shouldn't even be brought up for playing this season. He will get his shot next year. People already trying to throw TA under the bus after 3 games.. LOL way to go HUSKER NATION.

Honestly...

Maybe it was just one of those baaaad games that a player has from time to time within a season. When things don't go right, don't look right and the execution is off....

I hope that was the case for Tommy.....I think having a bad day + inexperience is what slid him into having a poor performance against Purdue.

Honestly...

Maybe it was just one of those baaaad games that a player has from time to time within a season. When things don't go right, don't look right and the execution is off....

I hope that was the case for Tommy.....I think having a bad day + inexperience is what slid him into having a poor performance against Purdue.

It was Armstrong's first road start against a defense that threw a lot of new looks/blitzes at him nearly every play. TA didn't play great, but there were a lot of drops, including a perfect pass to Turner in the first quarter. This will be a good learning experience for Armstrong. This is a lot better than losing to Iowa State under Tommie Frazier in 1992 in TF's 4th career start.

• Fire 1

Who stated we should bench RK and TA and pull his RS? Someone asked if they think he can compete for starting time with TA next year. Wow, some people here (ok, a lot of them) are always jumping to conclusions without even reading the posts.

• Fire 1

Honestly...

It was Armstrong's first road start against a defense that threw a lot of new looks/blitzes at him nearly every play. TA didn't play great, but there were a lot of drops, including a perfect pass to Turner in the first quarter. This will be a good learning experience for Armstrong. This is a lot better than losing to Iowa State under Tommie Frazier in 1992 in TF's 4th career start.

True true

I am sure Stanton will be fully healthy for Spring practice. I have heard the biggest adjustment for him was going to be learning the offense. His high school offense ran from the same formation every play. Plus, he had D-1 talent all around him, so he had plenty of help. That is not a knock on Stanton, it's just something he will have to adjust to at this level. I think he is a bigger, more powerful runner than TA, but may not be as good of a passer.

Just remember that he went to the elite 11 QB Competition...with QB's like Penn State's starter Christian Hackenburg...and he was ranked #1 to everyone's surprise after the first 2 days. He had a previous engagement and did not compete for third day so he did not hold on to number 1.

He's a competitor and he still has major upside. He'll be ready to go next year and will push hard.

Note that this "prior engagement" was a summer league game with his high school teammates or something of the sort. That also says a lot about his attitude and outlook. Instead of sticking with the elite 11 competition to try to better his individual perspective, he forgoes all the flash and goes to play for his friends and teammates. Big get by Nebraska.

Do any of you on this forum remember when Tommy Fraizer and Berringer both were hurt and the third string guy, by the name of Matt Turman, had to run the offense? And, this was done during Osborne's first championship season. This is why I asked the question about our current situation. If Martinez remains hurt (it is a possibility), and something happens to either Armstrong or Kellog, (or both) does Pelini risk the redshirt season of Stanton? What are the options? It was never my intent to imply that Armstrong or Kellog could not do the job.

Do any of you on this forum remember when Tommy Fraizer and Berringer both were hurt and the third string guy, by the name of Matt Turman, had to run the offense? And, this was done during Osborne's first championship season. This is why I asked the question about our current situation. If Martinez remains hurt (it is a possibility), and something happens to either Armstrong or Kellog, (or both) does Pelini risk the redshirt season of Stanton? What are the options? It was never my intent to imply that Armstrong or Kellog could not do the job.

No. Not unless Armstrong AND Kellog go down, Taylor gets WAY worse (he could play right now), Ryker Fyfe goes down. If all of that happened then maybe you look at Stanton over Broekmeir (SP?). Frazier and Berringer went down so the 3rd string guy came in yes, but Stanton is the 5 or more likely 6th guy this year. Big difference.