Our Division - who has the inside track now

TGHusker

Here is a pretty good article:

http://athlonsports....idseason-review

Michigan has a pretty tough schedule, so chances that they lose two more conference games while we lose two total are decent.

Michigan St and Penn St are the type of offense we usually handle pretty well. I don't disagree with anyone that says we could run the table, but we could also go 2-4.

Let's assume we win the division. Is the Ohio St matchup one we want? At first blush it appears no, but I'd say we have little to lose. With the right mindset, we can come in a lot more eager to play that game than OSU. Regardless off whether we have 9, 10, or 11 wins OSU could very well be unbeaten. Matter of fact we want to play an unbeaten OSU in this game. There is so much football to be played, an 11-1 NU team beating a 12-0 OSU team could possible put us in the BCS title game.

chuckleshuffle

Highly unlikely we'd end up in the BCS title game, we know a 1 loss SEC team would get in there before we would. I would love for us to be 11-1 and playing a 12-0 OSU team, I hope we do, but I don't think we'd go much farther than the Rose Bowl if we did beat them. Not a bad game to be in, but I hope it's against UCLA................I want payback for that crap that happened in September.

I agree a one-loss SEC team would trump us, but they're running out of possibity of that happening. Mizzou is only potential one-loss team in the East and only one team out of LSU/A&M, presuming Bama runs the table.

I'm not arguing we will make it, just that it's unlikely we get another SEC circle jerk to get two of ESPN's team in the MNC.

LSU already has a loss to Georgia and they have yet to play Alabama.

Auburn has already lost to A&M and they have yet to play Alabama.

A&M already lost to Alabama but they have to still play LSU

Missouri lost their quarterback and they have to play Florida, South Carolina, and A&M.

Florida has a loss and they have to play South Carolina, Georgia, and potentially Bama in the SECCG.

While everyone is at it predicting and all, what are the odds of any of the teams we have left to play being ranked at year's end? If we do happen to stumble into the B1G Championship, it's highly likely UCLA will be the only team we played in the regular season that finishes the season ranked. Michigan may very well have just screwed Ohio State out of a chance to play for the NC. From a conference standpoint, this doesn't look good. The only chance Ohio State has now probably is for someone in our division namely us to go unscathed and get into the B1G Championship, and then for Ohio State to handle us much like Wisconsin did last year.

While everyone is at it predicting and all, what are the odds of any of the teams we have left to play being ranked at year's end? If we do happen to stumble into the B1G Championship, it's highly likely UCLA will be the only team we played in the regular season that finishes the season ranked. Michigan may very well have just screwed Ohio State out of a chance to play for the NC. From a conference standpoint, this doesn't look good. The only chance Ohio State has now probably is for someone in our division namely us to go unscathed and get into the B1G Championship, and then for Ohio State to handle us much like Wisconsin did last year.

They do not bode well for Ohio State, but honestly, screw 'em, the only team I care about in this conference is Nebraska. Besides, I'd rather Oregon get the shot to stop the Saban Menace than Ohio State. Oregon's our best bet at freedom from the SEC right now.

You don't think Florida State has the horses? They might not because of a very inexperienced QB, but Clemson has a seasoned veteran. Plus, Clemson already beat Georgia. However, it would be kind of funny and ironic that Oregon wins a NC right after Kelly jets for the NFL. I do agree that Ohio State has little chance to knock off the SEC elite.

I do see us beating NW at home by virtue of the fact that they have shown the past two weeks that they have some issues against the run on defense and it is contingent on another big jump on defense by us.

If we can get out of Ann Arbor with a win, I really think we can run the table. Brady Hoke's first home loss has to come some time.

After this week, there isn't a game left on the schedule that we can't win.

Akron almost beat them at home.

Having the Spartans at home helps. But we have two rough road games in Ann Arbor and College Station.

Akron might give us trouble too.

College PARK, not college station...I hope we never go to college station again.

Michigan's offense is improving, just as fast or faster than our defense is...

We just need to take care of business and not play down to anyone. Talent wise, were the best in the division. Experience wise not so much. But hey they seem to be growing quickly. Hope that near shutout and next weeks spanking of Mi nesota prepares.them for a tricky purple squad.

If Bama' only had a week to prepare for the game against Oregon, I could see them giving Bama' fits. With a month or so to prepare, I'm just not sure Oregon would have great success against Bama'.

This

Saban has ranted against the up-tempo for a reason. He would get worked if he had to play Oregon this week, just like against ATM. Thing is, as we've seen the last two championship games, Saban is deadly with a month to prep.

If Bama' only had a week to prepare for the game against Oregon, I could see them giving Bama' fits. With a month or so to prepare, I'm just not sure Oregon would have great success against Bama'.

This

Saban has ranted against the up-tempo for a reason. He would get worked if he had to play Oregon this week, just like against ATM. Thing is, as we've seen the last two championship games, Saban is deadly with a month to prep.

This Oregon team seems different then the teams they've had in years past.... They play defense now, and they finally have a real elite QB running that offense....

This

... against the anemic offenses of 2011 LSU and 2012 Notre Dame, ranked 83rd and 54th, respectively.

I don't think he could do the same against the likes of Oregon.

This

... against the anemic offenses of 2011 LSU and 2012 Notre Dame, ranked 83rd and 54th, respectively.

IMO this is not one of Sabin's better teams. They are good, but they just don't look as dominant. The defense is down some, but more importantly the offense just doesn't look as good as they did last year. They don't seem to be able to impose their will on teams like they have in the past.

I would pick LSU over them in a few weeks. If A&M would have had even a pulse on defense they would have beat Alabama. A&M's defense is terrible.

But, with that being said, they have earned the right to be ranked number 1 until some team knocks them off.

This

Oregon's offense hasn't been that great in bowl games. Auburn's vaunted defense shut them down pretty well.