One of the 5 Greatest Fanbases

Hello, friends :)

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/the-five-most-beloved-fanbases-in-college-football/

They’ve sold out every game at Memorial Stadium since 1962, which is more than enough to earn Nebraska fans a spot on this list. Then there’s the time in 1980, when Nebraska lost to Florida State at home and serenaded the Seminoles with a round of applause. That led then-FSU coach Bobby Bowden to write, “I have been coaching college football the past 28 years and have played before some great crowds in this country. I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska last week.” A pretty good fan base. Negative points for taping a tirade by coach Bo Pelini and then releasing it nationally two years later.

We do that applause for the opponent thing every game. Mack Brown had a similar reaction when Texas walked off the field after beating Nebraska.

Would submit that the person who released Bo's rant isn't a fan, but in the absence of their testimony, it's hard to say.

I also think A&M and Nebraska fans are pretty similar in their passion for their team and respect for other fans. Always liked A&M.

• Fire 1
Negative points for taping a tirade by coach Bo Pelini and then releasing it nationally two years later.

Well, that is on Bo, not guy who released it. But, that is another story. Has nothing to do with "fan base," selling out the stadium every Saturday is the true measurement. Also, NU fans follow the Huskers extremely well, and at times, have had more red in the opponent's own home stadium than the home team. Think Notre Dame a few years back. Now, that is fan base.

Negative points for taping a tirade by coach Bo Pelini and then releasing it nationally two years later.

Well, that is on Bo, not guy who released it. But, that is another story. Has nothing to do with "fan base," selling out the stadium every Saturday is the true measurement. Also, NU fans follow the Huskers extremely well, and at times, have had more red in the opponent's own home stadium than the home team. Think Notre Dame a few years back. Now, that is fan base.

Releasing it immediately is on Bo. Releasing two years after the fact, is on the fan(or whatever the hell else he/her is referred to).

• Fire 3

Releasing it immediately is on Bo. Releasing two years after the fact, is on the fan(or whatever the hell else he/her is referred to).

This ^

In college, I always tried to get the tradition of kissing the girl next to me after every score but for some reason it didn't catch on.

Was it because the person sitting next to you was a guy?

he actually had seats w/ his mom, so it got a little weird once he got into college.

Maybe. But the guy sitting on the other side of his mom might have had a shot...

In college, I always tried to get the tradition of kissing the girl next to me after every score but for some reason it didn't catch on.
Was it because the person sitting next to you was a guy?
he actually had seats w/ his mom, so it got a little weird once he got into college.
Maybe. But the guy sitting on the other side of his mom might have had a shot...

1153.gif