JUCO DB Josh Keys [Texas Tech Commit]

Ed Helms

Nice offer sheet for those who only want commits with offers from big time schools. This kid should satisfy those people. Nevermind if the kid can play or not or that our staff has proven to have great abilities to evaluate Juco talent as well as talent that hasn't been discovered by the bigger schools. Proven usually by the LSUs and Bamas and OUs of the world coming in late to steal our recruits who's best offer after us was the middle Tennessee states of the world.

Since yesterday there has been six predictions on 24.7 for us.

Something had to have leaked...Even Arky guys are switching predictions to us.

Well, coaches stopped by last week and are planning on stopping by this week as well (maybe Tuesday, but not sure). Anyway, he says he will not take additional visits and may make a decision as early as Wednesday. Reading in between the lines, Nebraska has a solid chance here.

Coach TJ had an in-home with Keys today. With Waz gone, Keys and McDaniel could be quick replacements in this recruiting class. With Cockrell already, that's a lot of CB JUCO talent that could have immediate impact in the secondary.

Side note, but we could pontentially end up with 7 Jucos in this class? Cockrell, Keys, McDaniel, Lockhart, Clinkscales, Keels, and Lauderdale. Not that I would be upset about that, but that's most JUCOS we've taken since?

Coach TJ had an in-home with Keys today. With Waz gone, Keys and McDaniel could be quick replacements in this recruiting class. With Cockrell already, that's a lot of CB JUCO talent that could have immediate impact in the secondary.

Side note, but we could pontentially end up with 7 Jucos in this class? Cockrell, Keys, McDaniel, Lockhart, Clinkscales, Keels, and Lauderdale. Not that I would be upset about that, but that's most JUCOS we've taken since?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't mind a few but that's getting toward the high end of what I'd like.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't mind a few but that's getting toward the high end of what I'd like.

I see us getting 5 of those 7 (Keels and Lauderdale), but I am ok with taking this many as long as they are of high quality and in positions of need.

Looked up some other teams with high numbers of committed JUCO's:

Tennessee- 5

Auburn- 5

Ole Miss- 4

Kentucky- 4

West Virginia- 5

Cincy- 4

Arizona- 6

Bill Snyder school of coaching