The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

Unbelievable. You don't think we were out coached today? I'm sorry but you have your head so far up Bo Pelini's ass your nose hair is tickling his tonsils.

I would agree with EZ-E's point. We were not out coached today. The number of tackle opportunities missed by Santos and Z Anderson today for example was staggering. And on offense, I have zero faith in our ability to convert a 3rd down with Martinez under center.

Well many sports reporters, former player, and former coaches on air and online disagree. Sam Mckewon, whom most respect his opinion, used those exact words in his video review.

As a coach I can say this...if you have to constantly blame the execution over and over again year after year, you're teaching methods are failing.

:clap

We might be slightly exaggerating the length of time Pelini's defenses have struggled here.

Unbelievable. You don't think we were out coached today? I'm sorry but you have your head so far up Bo Pelini's ass your nose hair is tickling his tonsils.

I would agree with EZ-E's point. We were not out coached today. The number of tackle opportunities missed by Santos and Z Anderson today for example was staggering. And on offense, I have zero faith in our ability to convert a 3rd down with Martinez under center.

Well many sports reporters, former player, and former coaches on air and online disagree. Sam Mckewon, whom most respect his opinion, used those exact words in his video review.

As a coach I can say this...if you have to constantly blame the execution over and over again year after year, you're teaching methods are failing.

We might be slightly exaggerating the length of time Pelini's defenses have struggled here.

Nearly two whole seasons is not a large enough sample size for you? How about the predictable assbeatings that happen every year?

Nearly two whole seasons is not a large enough sample size for you? How about the predictable assbeatings that happen every year?

Are we going to start this circular discussion again? And I suppose that by "happen every year", you are referring to four or five specific games the past couple of seasons. So you're not a Pelini fan......no biggie to me.

Are we going to start this circular discussion again? And I suppose that by "happen every year", you are referring to four or five specific games the past couple of seasons. So you're not a Pelini fan......no biggie to me.

I suppose by the way you word your response, you are okay with four or five embarrassing blowouts the last couple of seasons? So you have low standards for Nebraska football......no biggie to me.

I suppose by the way you word your response, you are okay with four or five embarrassing blowouts the last couple of seasons? So you have low standards for Nebraska football......no biggie to me.

Nah, the low standards left with the firing of Callahan. My response was worded the way it was because it has been very specifically discussed what has been done to take the program to the next level.

We're obviously not going to get any better with him as our HC so its time to move on. Bunch of you dummies kept defending him for reasons I cant explain, its time to cut ties and try something new because this is obviously not working.

We've been doing that every 6 years since Osborne's retirement. How's that working for us?

Alabama

Notre Dame

Oklahoma

USC

Washington

UCLA

Texas A&M

Good thing they stuck with the status quo instead of not accepting mediocre results and looking for "the guy".

Listen man, we all want the same thing; for Nebraska to win football games as often as possible. Not one of us wanted it to come to this, I can't imagine a fan hoping their team underperforms enough to warrant even a discussion about firing their coach. Hell I even defended Pelini earlier this year. I don't think he is a bad football coach at all, far from that. I think he is a bad HEAD football coach.