The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

Scott Frost. I want someone who wants to be here. I don't care that he doesn't have HC experience.

I am glad then that you are not on the hiring committee. To not hire an experienced and proven, successful, head coach would be ridiculously foolish.

I think Frost could work. NU could get Frost for half the salary Pelini is paid, and use the money to get Frost, experienced and proven coordinators. Bo was inexperienced, and he compounded the problem by hiring an even less experienced staff.

So go with the 'Erstad' plan, in a way?

If we hire Frost, who do we get as OC and DC? Somebody with more or less experience than Frost has? If they are MORE experienced, how does that affect the HC/Asst dynamic? If they're less experienced, then we're starting over from scratch. I'm all for getting Frost, but not yet. Theres a big difference between being a HC and being a top notch Coordinator. I think Bo has proven that.

Bronco Mendenhall deserves a serious look right now. He can coach. He favors a running offense and an attacking D. Just look at his record at BYU. You know what? It's not every guys dream to coach at their alma mater when their alma mater can't match dollar for dollar against a program like Nebraska.

Will not come to NU.

Show me a link or source that says he wouldn't because last time I checked, money talks.

http://en.wikipedia....onco_Mendenhall

You can find it starting at "Bronco Mendenhall is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints....."

BYU is his dream job and it is a job that comes without the pressures of a place like Nebraska. He isn't going anywhere.

Is that a clause in his contract? Cause if so, then I'll agree with you.

See Flood's post.

I will also say that I know countless Mormons. In fact I was just up in SLC two falls ago visiting friends and watching HS soccer.

I didn't know you guys were official spokesmen for Mormons that is pretty cool.

If we hire Frost, who do we get as OC and DC? Somebody with more or less experience than Frost has? If they are MORE experienced, how does that affect the HC/Asst dynamic? If they're less experienced, then we're starting over from scratch. I'm all for getting Frost, but not yet. Theres a big difference between being a HC and being a top notch Coordinator. I think Bo has proven that.

Why? If Frost was HC and won 9 games a year we'd probably try to run him out of Lincoln too and he would never consider returning again. I think these type of threads should exist when it's imminent that Bo will be done i.e. Callahan's nail in coffin game vs Okie Lite.

Not sure Frost would lateral over but at some point we need to stop doubting whether he's a good coach. If we can't get anyone with a proven track record as a head coach (which is quite possible) he may be as good a choice as any of coordinators due for promotion and as a leader of men.

For the record I didn't even want to be having this conversation about BP, though I much preferred Gill as the HC choice at the time. In an ideal world, I thought GIll as HC and running the offense, with BP as DC would have been the best situation. Unfortunately Callahan fired BP which possibly cost him is own job (ironically). Could you imagine to this day us with a BC/BP coaching paring? Just crazy enough it may have worked.

Some of the names mentioned aren't going to come to Lincoln.

Frost is going to be the best we can get, and to be honest, I like the choice.

• Young
  • Wants to be here
  • Has played and coached with some of the best ever
  • Would run an exciting offense and probably be able to out-recruit the current staff

Our choice is going to come down to someone who has head coaching experience but could never get it done, or someone like Frost.

It seems as though a lot of folks want to see Frost. I don't think we should run a spread based offense. I think it promotes too much finesse on a team.

Oregon is extremely physical. Football at the scheme level is a game of outwitting the opponent. Not thumping your chest and saying GRRRRRRRRRRR.