The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

I still am curious how good a fit Craig Bohl would be.

If we hire a guy who was inferior in every way to Bo Pelini back in 2001 I will be very unhappy. Next.

i want butch davis

You want a known cheater? I don't.

I would take him in a heart beat. He can build a program, recruit with the best of them, and win a championship

Where did he win a championship???????

Where did he build a program that he didn't cheat to build???

A cheater is something I don't want here. Sorry.

He won the Big East in 95, 96, and 01. Not to mention that the Canes from that '01 team formed that National Championship team that some think rivals the '95 skers.

Not to mention he was coaching on the Cowboys team that won a Super Bowl, and I believe he was DC is one of those Super Bowls.

The man is good, put some oversight on him he'll bring us a championship

I don't know who the answer is.... none of us do.

I just want somebody who will get the best out of his players, who emphasizes fundamentals and preparedness, and who gives his players the best chance to succeed. And knows what moves to make when things are working, and when things are not working.

If we get beat by teams with superior talent, but the execution and effort is matched, then that's okay.

Can't honestly think of any solid coaches that we could get right now.

There's actually a lot of them out there. The problem is, a majority of people here want a splash hire like a Cowher, Gruden, Tressell, etc. and that ain't gonna happen.

But what possibly could happen is that Eichorst bends the ear of his mentor and find someone pretty damn good. Their track records would suggest as such.

Exactly. Its about fit. And the biggest name is not necessarily the best fit.

• Fire 1

Can't honestly think of any solid coaches that we could get right now.

We gotta be willing to find the next Urban Meyer. The next Nick Saban. The next Chip kelly. What to all these guys have in common? They made their hey as a HEAD COACH at lower tier programs. No more on the job training by hiring some other coordinator. Let's make this a serious discussion and quit throwing the Frosts and such out there. Wont happen, and we cant want it to happen. We have to look at guys like the BYU coach. Guys who you know are looking for that chance at a bigtime program like Nebraska. Peterson is unique. He wont leave Boise. But most guys at that level are looking to advance. It's how it works. This is unchartered territory for Nebraska because we had the same coach for 25 years, and 3 coaches from the same tree for 42 years. Since, it's been a fight trying to get our feet back under us. But we gotta find the next great head coach, not some coordinator looking to be a head coach.

OF COURSE, THIS IS ALL AN *IF* THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS. But right now, I have very little doubts.

I havent seen Al Goldens name yet. He was Shawn's pick at Miami. He's obviously a man integrity to just stick with it down there in the face of total bullsh#t. What he's done there with little to no support is rather remarkable. And, he's obviously developed recruting connections well beyond what Bo has in the Florida and southeast regions. I would bet he'd be rather excited to be at a place like Nebraska with our support system.

please fire Bo...

Maybe the clones can pick him up. Maybe ISU can get him cheap. I'd take him in a heatbeat.

Are you serious? Pelini is not an upgrade over roads

Yes he is. Rhodes is absolutely aided by the very low expectations of ISU football.

I havent seen Al Goldens name yet. He was Shawn's pick at Miami. He's obviously a man integrity to just stick with it down there in the face of total bullsh#t. What he's done there with little to no support is rather remarkable. And, he's obviously developed recruting connections well beyond what Bo has in the Florida and southeast regions. I would bet he'd be rather excited to be at a place like Nebraska with our support system.

I would love to get Golden, but I see no reason as to why he would want to come here over Miami, sanctions or no sanctions.