The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

I don't mind perennial 8,9,10 win seasons with the occasional run to something better. My problem with Bo isn't his record, which on paper, is pretty darn solid. And I like Bo. Good guy, a player's coach, and does a lot of good for a lot of people. The most important thing if we do get a new coach - and if things don't change, that's where this looks headed - are those same qualities.

The difference? I'd want someone who can embrace the fanbase. It's been really standoffish under Bo, and I think that's just who he is. Someone who can energize and excite the fanbase and handle the HC role well. Someone who doesn't pit his players against the fans. After the audio leak some of the player comments made me really sad about the state of affairs here.

More important than any X's and O's knowledge is the ability to just run a smooth program. I think Nebraska deserves (and can find) this guy. I'm not sure at this point if that's Bo.

NU football needs its Tim Miles. I don't follow any sort of basketball and even I'm excited about that guy and like to hear occasionally about how the program is doing.

• Fire 2

Can't honestly think of any solid coaches that we could get right now.

The problem is people are only thinking that a good pick would be a guy who is currently in the top 10. And most of those guys were not met with cheers from their fan bases when they were hired either.

I'm trying to think of lower-level guys, but none of them seem like solid fits...

Can't honestly think of any solid coaches that we could get right now.

There's actually a lot of them out there. The problem is, a majority of people here want a splash hire like a Cowher, Gruden, Tressell, etc. and that ain't gonna happen.

But what possibly could happen is that Eichorst bends the ear of his mentor and find someone pretty damn good. Their track records would suggest as such.

• Fire 1

I don't mind perennial 8,9,10 win seasons with the occasional run to something better. My problem with Bo isn't his record, which on paper, is pretty darn solid. And I like Bo. Good guy, a player's coach, and does a lot of good for a lot of people. The most important thing if we do get a new coach - and if things don't change, that's where this looks headed - are those same qualities.

The difference? I'd want someone who can embrace the fanbase. It's been really standoffish under Bo, and I think that's just who he is. Someone who can energize and excite the fanbase and handle the HC role well. Someone who doesn't pit his players against the fans. After the audio leak some of the player comments made me really sad about the state of affairs here.

More important than any X's and O's knowledge is the ability to just run a smooth program. I think Nebraska deserves (and can find) this guy. I'm not sure at this point if that's Bo.

NU football needs its Tim Miles. I don't follow any sort of basketball and even I'm excited about that guy and like to hear occasionally about how the program is doing.

Hard to disagree here at all. Just really shaking my head at a lot of things today. I did warn people about Minnesota's offense, but some of the things I was sure about are not there anymore.

+1 to sir. Not sure who that coach is but he's out there.

Whatever direction we go, whether we keep Bo or move on, I believe VERY strongly that we need to take a hard look at our strength and conditioning program.

Our guys looked just plain worn out, and were getting pounded back off the line--early in the game.

I know we were early pioneers in this field and in nutrition, and that parity is making things much closer, but it is obvious something is terribly wrong in those parts of our program. And has been obvious for several seasons.

Carry on with the important stuff. This was just a glaring issue that I wanted to mention.

Charlie Strong is a pipe dream. He'd be good, but it won't happen.

He's overrated. Don't want.

Why do you feel that way? I personally would love having Strong coach this team

His name is big right now because of the BCS game last year. Period. He has not been spectacular overall, and Bridgewater is covering up a lot of his shortcomings right now. He loses to at least one or two teams he should beat every year. They are 3rd in their conference right now, and need UCF (seriously) to lose twice. Rewind to this time last year and no one would bring his name up.