The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

I havent seen Al Goldens name yet. He was Shawn's pick at Miami. He's obviously a man integrity to just stick with it down there in the face of total bullsh#t. What he's done there with little to no support is rather remarkable. And, he's obviously developed recruting connections well beyond what Bo has in the Florida and southeast regions. I would bet he'd be rather excited to be at a place like Nebraska with our support system.

I would love to get Golden, but I see no reason as to why he would want to come here over Miami, sanctions or no sanctions.

What does Miami have that's so great? Seriously. Miami had one great decade. other than that, theyre not even a blip on the radar of traditional programs that Nebraska is.

Like I've said before, we need to show the dough, and make this a destination, not just sit on our hands and hope it is. Then, when we get the guy, then we show him how great it is here. Then they get engrained here into our way of life.

here is a comparison between Dr Tom and Scott Frost's experience before being hired as head coach:

Tom Osborne's Coaching experience according to Huskers.com:

1967-1971 Assistant Football Coach (probably Offensive Coordinator) - Nebraska

1972 Assistant Head Football Coach (the only reason he was not HC in 1972 is because he talked Bob Devany into trying for 3rd straight NC) - Nebraska

Scott Frost's Coaching experience:

2007 Linbacker Coach - Northern Iowa University

2008 Co-Defensive Coordinator - Northern Iowa University

2009-2012 Wide Recievers Coach - Oregon

2013 Offensive Coordinator

Dr Tom had only 5 years of coaching experience before being hired as NU's HC and he turned out to be pretty damn good. People talk about taking Scott Frost's name off of his resume and there would be no way in hell that Scott would be hired as NU's HC.

Tom Osborne's resume in 1973 was less impressive but look at the results.

If Bo Pelini leaves at the end of the season, why not give the job to Frost?

I still am curious how good a fit Craig Bohl would be.

If we hire a guy who was inferior in every way to Bo Pelini back in 2001 I will be very unhappy. Next.

i want butch davis

You want a known cheater? I don't.

I would take him in a heart beat. He can build a program, recruit with the best of them, and win a championship

Where did he win a championship???????

Where did he build a program that he didn't cheat to build???

A cheater is something I don't want here. Sorry.

He won the Big East in 95, 96, and 01. Not to mention that the Canes from that '01 team formed that National Championship team that some think rivals the '95 skers.

Not to mention he was coaching on the Cowboys team that won a Super Bowl, and I believe he was DC is one of those Super Bowls.

The man is good, put some oversight on him he'll bring us a championship

Interesting? I thought Coker was the coach at Miami in '01 when Butch was with the Cleveland Browns.

Kirby Smart would be my pick. I don't want there to be any change at this point and I am still optimistic that Bo works it out. Too many great things happening off the field for me to support any type of knee-jerk decision at this point. I hate the rebuilding period of any program when expectations are very low. My expectation for this program would rival any of your's. I desperately want our current staff to figure this out.

I'd rather replace coordinators/position coaches than Bo right now.. starting with a new DC, DL, LB, OL, coaches. And a OC willing to tell Bo that Taylor isn't worth it. That's a lot to replace.

If we absolutely had to replace Bo, I'd look at:

Peterson (dream)

Gruden (dream)

Petrino (won't happen because of his issues, but a damn good coach)

James Franklin

David Cutcliffe

Kirby Smart

Scott Frost

Chad Morris

Kirby Smart would be my pick. I don't want there to be any change at this point and I am still optimistic that Bo works it out. Too many great things happening off the field for me to support any type of knee-jerk decision at this point. I hate the rebuilding period of any program when expectations are very low. My expectation for this program would rival any of your's. I desperately want our current staff to figure this out.

Right now, I feel that the conference title is must win for Bo.

here is a comparison between Dr Tom and Scott Frost's experience before being hired as head coach:

Tom Osborne's Coaching experience according to Huskers.com:

1967-1971 Assistant Football Coach (probably Offensive Coordinator) - Nebraska

1972 Assistant Head Football Coach (the only reason he was not HC in 1972 is because he talked Bob Devany into trying for 3rd straight NC) - Nebraska

Scott Frost's Coaching experience:

2007 Linbacker Coach - Northern Iowa University

2008 Co-Defensive Coordinator - Northern Iowa University

2009-2012 Wide Recievers Coach - Oregon

2013 Offensive Coordinator

Dr Tom had only 5 years of coaching experience before being hired as NU's HC and he turned out to be pretty damn good. People talk about taking Scott Frost's name off of his resume and there would be no way in hell that Scott would be hired as NU's HC.

Tom Osborne's resume in 1973 was less impressive but look at the results.

If Bo Pelini leaves at the end of the season, why not give the job to Frost?

Young up and coming coach with swagger, I honestly don't understand why people have such a big issue with Frost. People that have a problem with his attitude need to realize that some of the best coaches in the country come off as jerks *ahem Saban. And to boot he has Nebraska roots. He's my personal favorite for the position.

Right now, I feel that the conference title is must win for Bo.

If Martinez is as lame as he was today in the running game, and we win 9-10 games with as young as we are, it will save him. I am not taking any side as to me wanting anyone fired, I feel it is reality as any boss would have to understand the circumstances. Your star senior QB gets hurt before conference play and isn't the same and you are playing the majority of freshman football players on defense. Any reasonable boss would have to understand.