Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

So when Tommy throws three picks against garbage purdue, it's ok because we won. But when Taylor manages the game way better but the d couldn't stop a stop sign, the loss is on Taylor? I don't get how the D is the only difference here between winning and losing these game and noone realizing that.

you have to admit there was an entirely different feeling to the offense the last few games versus how it was executed against Minnesota. Beck's calling the plays, but Taylor is often checking out of them. On the other hand, RK and TA don't have the experience to make those checks all the time, and are therefor executing the game as Beck sees it - which is FAR more effective. averaging 78 plays a game, and we only managed 60 this weekend? are you saying Minnesota's defense was that good?

Are you saying a TA who chucked 3 picks against a WAY worse defense would have done something magical and played better? Beck didn't put the offense in a place to win. There's a division in the locker room right now and that's the worst of all that I'm hearing. We don't know who's on what side either and whether coaches are involved.

You have a RS Freshman who played God awful against an even more God awful team.

Your 4 year starter First Team BIG TEN QB tells you he is good to go.

Is this a difficult decision?

No, but neither is the one to remove him when it's clear that he isn't good to go by anyone with a set of eyes.

I guess the quick 10-0 lead was deceiving, but what did we throw for like 60 yards the rest of the game despite trying like heck? Even when we should have been running more, it should have become very obvious things were not ok after we laid an egg on offense for the middle 2 quarters of the game.

You have a RS Freshman who played God awful against an even more God awful team.

Your 4 year starter First Team BIG TEN QB tells you he is good to go.

Is this a difficult decision?

It's not too difficult to pull him if he isn't moving the chains and looks injured in the game......

I love Taylor, but NEB has been playing better as a WHOLE when he is not in the game. We see it with our own eyes......it's crazy to think that, but it's happening and it's true. Was Minnesota that much better than Illinois and Purdue? I can tell ya Purdue's D is prob close to just as good as Minnesota's. ( I could be completely wrong on the D comparisons, but Purdue has a few good guys playing on their D).

"Total QBR is an ESPN-calculated metric that accounts for a quarterback's overall execution – a Pelini buzzword -- in relation to his team's performance. It rates quarterbacks on a zero-to-100 scale.

A score of 50 is average.

Martinez's QBR on Saturday was 19.6, the sixth-lowest single-game figure of his career. His opponent-adjusted QBR against the Gophers was 14.6"

bwahahaha keep defending him please

Like I said, I'd really love to know the opponents average field position (on scoring drives) with Taylor at the helm vs TA.

Something about Tommy, he just gets the whole team juiced. It seems like his leadership in game, while he is participating, is unmatched by anyone else on the roster. He talks with the offense AND the defense. He has an unmatched confidence, from how it would appear.

So when Tommy throws three picks against garbage purdue, it's ok because we won. But when Taylor manages the game way better but the d couldn't stop a stop sign, the loss is on Taylor? I don't get how the D is the only difference here between winning and losing these game and noone realizing that.

you have to admit there was an entirely different feeling to the offense the last few games versus how it was executed against Minnesota. Beck's calling the plays, but Taylor is often checking out of them. On the other hand, RK and TA don't have the experience to make those checks all the time, and are therefor executing the game as Beck sees it - which is FAR more effective. averaging 78 plays a game, and we only managed 60 this weekend? are you saying Minnesota's defense was that good?

Are you saying a TA who chucked 3 picks against a WAY worse defense would have done something magical and played better? Beck didn't put the offense in a place to win. There's a division in the locker room right now and that's the worst of all that I'm hearing. We don't know who's on what side either and whether coaches are involved.

I agree that a division in the locker room isn't a good thing, but it's not surprising given this teams mental status over the past few years. They are all over the damn place and aren't a team at all.

"Total QBR is an ESPN-calculated metric that accounts for a quarterback's overall execution – a Pelini buzzword -- in relation to his team's performance. It rates quarterbacks on a zero-to-100 scale.

Martinez's QBR on Saturday was 19.6, the sixth-lowest single-game figure of his career. His opponent-adjusted QBR against the Gophers was 14.6"

God, that's terrible! *vomits*

Tommy Armstrong's QBR two Saturdays ago was 9.9, the lowest single-game figure of his career. His opponent-adjusted QBR against the Boilermakers was 7.3.

Tommy Armstrong's QBR two Saturdays ago was 9.9, the lowest single-game figure of his career. His opponent-adjusted QBR against the Boilermakers was 7.3.

touche :lol:

And Ron Kellog ended up playing, did he not?

I agree that a division in the locker room isn't a good thing, but it's not surprising given this teams mental status over the past few years. They are all over the damn place and aren't a team at all.

Players in the past, even in the 90's, had plenty of division. Guys getting in fights, fighting for starting roles, etc. etc.

Sometimes, honestly to your fellow brother next to ya on the team, can go a loooong way.

Maybe Quincy was alluding to something that other players have been thinking, but never had the balls to say it.

Now that it is out on the table, the players can go about and do their thing knowing that the "truth" is out. Hell, I dunno. Just an assumption....

Maybe it makes Pelini really think hard about playing an injured Martinez this week......maybe he knows it is time to sit an injured Taylor and put his faith in a different QB. Give the team a spark.....a spark they have been wanting and already have been showing on the field in previous games.....