Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

And what are those reasons Landlord?

That he's injured. Not that he sucks or lied or has lost the team. When healthy he was the best qb on our roster but it would be a disservice to him to make or have him play when he can't do everything to his fullest, which when healthy is better than what Armstrong has been capable of so far (yes he is a freshman, that's why I say at this point).

When competing while hurt many times you force yourself to think about what you are doing. You have to remind yourself to step in what is not your usual motion, throw different than normal, etc. If he wasn't 100% I can easily see T-Mart having to think about these things on the field which is the entire problem. When on the field you need to use instincts and not think. I do believe when healthy T-Mart is an amazing quarterback. However, when hobbled he is very below average.

If he isn't 100% he needs to sit. The team doesn't deserve that and T-Mart doesn't deserve that as well.

Exactly.

Not disagreeing with any of that, but he knew going in that this was going to be a fishbowl. And if he didn't, his father really let him down.

There's only a few theories to be believed here:

-Taylor lied to Bo and put his personal wants over the team and the careers of several people. For whatever reason, that's horrible.

-Bo lied and put Taylor out there for his personal wants over the team and careers of several people. For whatever reason, that's horrible,.

This won't be a pleasant end.

Another theory equally as plausible:

Taylor lives in a world of his own, surrounded by walls he's built over the course of a chaotic life, and sees things very differently than most other people. Without any attempt at gaining personal glory or satisfaction Taylor felt he was healthy enough to play, and made the decision to tell the coaches he was ready to go.

So I'm not totally going away from the "Taylor lied" thing, but I don't think for one second he did it to put his personal wants over those of other people.

And if Taylor did lie, he lied to himself.

So when do we start piling on AA for the fumble?

You mean the fumble that had absolutely zero excuse and came at a really critical time and position on the field?

Never. Ameer has been a baller the last few weeks, don't you know that by now?

He's been NEB's damn offense the whole season.....

I am o.k. with him fumbling once in a while......

Same as I am o.k. with TM fumbling once in a while (which he loses the ball more than he should) as long as he is productive and puts points on the board.

Taylor apologists claiming we would have been no better off with RKIII or TA in there because of the crappy line play need to SHUT UP. That's the same line we've trotted out there the majority of the last 3 games, and it did just fine in them. With RKIII and TA under center.

Taylor, especially with multiple injuries, has the pocket presence of a lawn gnome. He's not going to go anywhere, and he's just going to give you that creepy stare when blitzed until he tucks and is thrown to the ground.

Also, I suppose if Bo believed Taylor when he asked him if he was good to go, and Taylor lied, that's one thing. If he looked good in practice all week, fine. I could see buying it. But reports are we had a crap week in practice, and if Enunwa spoke up about it to Beck, it should've been very obvious.

And failing to bench him when it was obvious the offense was a trainwreck Saturday falls under the category of "failing to adjust," a hallmark of Pelini teams. Why did we not do anything when the offense was clearly sputtering? It's not like your starter is set in stone. SO frustrated with this crap.

With the exception of missing our best lineman, you are correct.

For what it's worth I said Ameer has turnover issues and thought next year he should see a drastic decrease in his carries. I said it this summer and got roasted.

He does....it is highly evident....

But he still cranks out yards after yards. I would still like to see the back-ups get a bit more carries though. The fumbling issue has been troubling with all the RB's....

For what it's worth I said Ameer has turnover issues and thought next year he should see a drastic decrease in his carries. I said it this summer and got roasted.

You also say a bunch of other drivel that makes no sense. Sorry if we looked over a valid contribution.

• Fire 4

Going to be an interesting day of practice...

Now would be a perfect time to do some old school tackling drills and get some frustration out..............oh that's right, we don't do that anymore. Rules and whining and such.............

My thought exactly. Have a full pads, no green shirts, tackle to the ground practice. Get some fire, ire and desire sparked up in this team. Let them get in touch a little bit with the dark side. Make practice so hard that Saturday feels like a scrimmage.

Unless Taylor suffered that hip pointer on the last play, WHERE WAS ARMSTRONG?!?!?

Beyond frustrated by this. WTH?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Not healthy enough to practice the day after the game both this week and after UCLA but healthy enough to play every snap.

agree, Bo has sh#t the bed on trust........

Yeah...unfortunately this pretty much sums everything up.

tumblr_m2hva9jZ8v1qj4ovho1_500.png

• Fire 1

Not disagreeing with any of that, but he knew going in that this was going to be a fishbowl. And if he didn't, his father really let him down.

-Taylor lied to Bo and put his personal wants over the team and the careers of several people. For whatever reason, that's horrible.

-Bo lied and put Taylor out there for his personal wants over the team and careers of several people. For whatever reason, that's horrible,.

Taylor lives in a world of his own, surrounded by walls he's built over the course of a chaotic life, and sees things very differently than most other people. Without any attempt at gaining personal glory or satisfaction Taylor felt he was healthy enough to play, and made the decision to tell the coaches he was ready to go.

So I'm not totally going away from the "Taylor lied" thing, but I don't think for one second he did it to put his personal wants over those of other people.

I think taylor still feels he's the best option for us to win, which he said as much. I honestly believe he was putting the team first, above his wants - thinking if he wasn't out there we weren't going to be able to accomplish our goals. Which makes me wonder what he's smoking, or what kind of sunshine they are pumping onto the practice field...but regardless, I am with you - it's not Taylor searching for glory.

-Bo lied and put Taylor out there for his personal wants over the team and careers of several people. For whatever reason

, that's horrible,.

Taylor lives in a world of his own, surrounded by walls he's built over the course of a chaotic life, and sees things very

differently than most other people. Without any attempt at gaining personal glory or satisfaction Taylor felt he was healthy enough to play, and made the decision to tell the coaches he was ready to go.

Except in that scenario he still lies to his coaches, and still alienated his teammates who live in the same chaotic life (presently, not digging into Taylor life before NU).

And if he has the injuries he is purported to have, a simple "I believe I'm ok" wouldn't cut it.