Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

I wish some of you guys would go watch the tape and tell me what quarterback we have on the roster would've done any better with that same play calling and sh#t ass line play. Not one. Hell, if it weren't for Martinez's long run we probably wouldn't have scored again.

This is a good point. That line was a sieve all game, and Taylor made several scrambles that saved sacks.

But those were on passing plays. On run plays we repeatedly gashed that team. So why the hell didn't we run the ball more?

What I'm about to offer here may be more appropriate in rumorville but, since it deals specifically with this question, I'll pass it on for consideration.

The source of this is 2nd to 3rd hand, from a business acquaintance-from his source who supposedly has access to insider info. I know, not a shining recommendation but, if even partially true, it does help to understand much of this stuff that otherwise doesn't make any sense. I also think much of this comes from the Damon Benning show which I have never listened to. I apologize if this is all old news for some of you. It's the first time I heard much of it and, while I really can't believe some of it, some of it seems to fit the cf we are witnessing. I'll just put it out here in bullet points.

1- TM kicked something after the Wyoming (or maybe UCLA) game injuring two toes. Apparently attempted to hide it from the coaches until it was obvious he couldn't hide it. Supposedly the coaches discovered later it was more severe than Taylor let on. Apparently this is the point at which Bo began playing TA and RK and saying that TM wouldn't return until he was 100%. None of this so far is really news now.

2- The theory is there is a rift on the team with one group of players and coaches wanting TM to be the guy and another group not wanting it to be TM. Bo was in the camp of wanting to go with TM. Beck was in the camp of wanting to go with TA for the Minny game. Further conspiracy theory is that Beck was purposefully calling plays that did not play to TM's strengths- in effect setting him up to fail. The support for this is that it seems fairly apparent the players played harder when TA and RK were playing.

3- Supposedly TM informed the coaches that he was not 100% and supposedly Bo is the one who made the decision to play him anyway. Beck wanted to go with TA.

4- Bo apparently started the season on a short leash. Being told to retain his job he would have to;

A- make it to the CCG and if not win it, at least play close.

B- No more embarrassing losses, side line fiascos, or berating of reporters.

C- supposedly after the UCLA game he was informed that he would need to win the CCG to keep his job.

D- this is contradictory but supposedly it is out there that the AD has already decided that he will be replaced at the end of the season. In effect, dead man walking at this point. Might shed some light on Bo's answers in recent pressers.....

5- there is much speculation about Bo's management style in the info that was passed on to me. Words like intimidating, caustic, disparaging players, disdain, lies, my way or the highway type of management. Ramblings about Taylor never really receiving top notch instruction and basically being thrust into the position by Bo. The intent seemed to be to cast Bo in a negative light and to not blame TM for circumstances he really couldn't control.

6- And yes rumors of another tape. This one supposedly far worse than the first, recorded at a practice. But, conveniently perhaps, prefaced that the Ad knows about it but it will never see the light of day.

I realize this all could be wild conjecture by individuals with an agenda. It may be no more than a smear campaign on Bo. However, much of it seems to fit like a glove what we have seen. One thing for sure, it raises just as many questions as it might answer such as-

1- why would Bo put up with less than full support from Beck?

2- why would Beck go against Bo's wishes?

3- why would Beck or Bo act in any manner that did not give the team the best chance to win or to make themselves look good?

If any of the inner turmoil story is true, things are totally dysfunctional on this team. I just can't hardly believe it has got to this point. But, conversely, I really can't come up with any other explanation for some of what has transpired.

knapp- if this doesn't belong here, go ahead and move it or delete it. I really do not want to contribute anything that might cast the program in a negative light if you feel this qualifies as that. I simply shared some 3rd hand info that quite frankly I don't know what to believe of it.

• Fire 2

We're going to rag on Taylor for telling the coaches he was good to go now?

Really?

Name one gifted athlete that would have done something different. You can't, because that's the mark of a confident competitor. Joe Ganz got concussed against Georgia in the Holiday Bowl and lied his way through it to stay in the game. But in that instance it's considered gutsy; a true leader.

We're going to rag on Taylor for telling the coaches he was good to go now?

Really?

Name one gifted athlete that would have done something different. You can't, because that's the mark of a confident competitor. Joe Ganz got concussed against Georgia in the Holiday Bowl and lied his way through it to stay in the game. But in that instance it's considered gutsy; a true leader.

You meant Clemson in the Gator Bowl?

I have no evidence or proof of what I am about to throw out there, but after taking in everything that was said at the press conference today I feel pretty confident in saying the Taylor Martinez era as the starting Quarterback for Nebraska is over. I think the coaching staff and team have turned the page.

Again, if I'm wrong about this so be it, but I just have this gut feeling that this is Tommy Armstrong's team now.