Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

He put his personal needs (to play) above the needs of the team (for him to play at 100% and no less).

To me, he should lose his captain status and be benched indefinitely. And this is from me guys...I've staunchly supported Taylor since day one...but enough is enough.

Taylor Martinez... glory hound?

I'm not getting that. Taylor is a lot of things, but I don't think he's so desperate for fame and attention that he's playing hurt 2/3 of his career for the personal glory of it all.

Fact is, I'm pretty sure Taylor would be much happier playing football in an empty stadium, with no fan feedback positive or negative. No press interviews, no chance at a Heisman, none of it. He loves the game, he's naturally gifted, and he's a hell of a competitor. If he erred, it was in thinking that he could will himself to play over the pain. Not for personal gain, but because he really believes he can do it, and do it best.

Without someone coming out from that locker room telling us that Taylor is selfish and the kind of a-hole that would pull a stunt like that, there's just no way I buy that.

• Fire 2

I'm not comparing anyone to anyone. I'm not really part of this conversation, I'm just pointing that one thing out.

And again, I'm firmly in the camp that Taylor has taken his last meaningful snap at Nebraska and Tommy should start.

I actually agree as well, but think it's the right move for completely different reasons than the B.S. conjecture being thrown around by some in here.

Yep.

When competing while hurt many times you force yourself to think about what you are doing. You have to remind yourself to step in what is not your usual motion, throw different than normal, etc. If he wasn't 100% I can easily see T-Mart having to think about these things on the field which is the entire problem. When on the field you need to use instincts and not think. I do believe when healthy T-Mart is an amazing quarterback. However, when hobbled he is very below average.

If he isn't 100% he needs to sit. The team doesn't deserve that and T-Mart doesn't deserve that as well.

• Fire 1

He put his personal needs (to play) above the needs of the team (for him to play at 100% and no less).

To me, he should lose his captain status and be benched indefinitely. And this is from me guys...I've staunchly supported Taylor since day one...but enough is enough.

Taylor Martinez... glory hound?

I'm not getting that. Taylor is a lot of things, but I don't think he's so desperate for fame and attention that he's playing hurt 2/3 of his career for the personal glory of it all.

Fact is, I'm pretty sure Taylor would be much happier playing football in an empty stadium, with no fan feedback positive or negative. No press interviews, no chance at a Heisman, none of it. He loves the game, he's naturally gifted, and he's a hell of a competitor. If he erred, it was in thinking that he could will himself to play over the pain. Not for personal gain, but because he really believes he can do it, and do it best.

Without someone coming out from that locker room telling us that Taylor is selfish and the kind of a-hole that would pull a stunt like that, there's just no way I buy that.

Not disagreeing with any of that, but he knew going in that this was going to be a fishbowl. And if he didn't, his father really let him down.

There's only a few theories to be believed here:

-Taylor lied to Bo and put his personal wants over the team and the careers of several people. For whatever reason, that's horrible.

-Bo lied and put Taylor out there for his personal wants over the team and careers of several people. For whatever reason, that's horrible,.

This won't be a pleasant end.

When competing while hurt many times you force yourself to think about what you are doing. You have to remind yourself to step in what is not your usual motion, throw different than normal, etc. If he wasn't 100% I can easily see T-Mart having to think about these things on the field which is the entire problem. When on the field you need to use instincts and not think. I do believe when healthy T-Mart is an amazing quarterback. However, when hobbled he is very below average.

If he isn't 100% he needs to sit. The team doesn't deserve that and T-Mart doesn't deserve that as well.

So Taylor was forced to think too much, and it made him hestitant, thus slowing him down and hurting his performance? Hand him a blackshirt!

• Fire 1